I've been called out by an 11 second RX7

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Well I got a call from a friend of mine, says there is a guy who has an 11 second RX7, heard about my car and wants a run. So I guess I'll put the shelby into battle tonight :banana:. I don't know the mods of his car, claims 11.20's on a tire, 580 hp on 93 and over 700 on Race gas....:bs: Anyway he will be on pump gas tonight apparently, so I'll do my best to get it on video!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Is it a 13B engine or a LSX swap, if its still a 13B rotor rx7 you should take him with easy, they have zero TQ.

Syndrome2010

Established Member
I recall only a handful of streetable RX's making those kinds of numbers on rx7club years ago. It's possible, but the guy has to be pretty committed to making a build like that.

Good luck, send him back to the 90's where that car belongs.

turd burglar

Established Member
Could have your hands full, if he really is making that much power, those cars are pretty light, so torque isn't in major demand for them. Should be a good race either way. Good luck!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Should be a close race on pump gas and you would get destroyed on race gas.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Late model RX7's are only 2800-2900 pounds. If he makes the power he claims, you will have your hands full even if he's on pump gas. Not sure I believe the 580rwhp on pump gas though, unless he has a 3 rotor.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
well the race didn't happen, on the way to the meet up he put his foot into it and apparently blew off his charge pipe, thus running it over..and bending it so it wouldn't go back on. Were gonna try for tomorrow, but a 2012 GSXR 600 wanted to step in I agreed uploading video as we speak.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Weight of an RX7 is like 2,800 lbs. and with 580 whp . Yours weight around 4,000 lbs. with 640 whp . How can u beat him ??

His rotary motor makes about as much TQ as a damn lawn mower....I'm not saying i'll beat him, but everyone has 500 hp cars these days it seems...

Users who are viewing this thread