J2 fab alt wiring upgrade.

FreddyFingers

Merica
Established Member
So I recently bought a j2 fab alternator with the 3 piece wiring upgrade. Does anyone have experience with the wiring upgrade, like how it goes on? The negative is understood, it replaces the ground strap under the car but the 2 power wires I'm not exactly sure

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

rymax101

Established Member
I kept the rest of the wiring in tact. And used my oem battery post connectors

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

FreddyFingers

Merica
Established Member
Been riding around with the j2 fab 200 amp alt and love it. I forgot what it was like to run around with a/c and radio on. I haven't had a single dip below 14 volts. Before putting it on, my car would literally almost shutoff the volts would drop so low. What an amazing feel to have it all the power back. In love with my car all over again!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Soap

Established Member
Can you post up some pics? also is there a site where these are sold?

Not really much to see in the pics.....it's just an alternator (looks the same as stock) and if he did the wiring upgrade, then the cables will be heavier gauge than stock. Justin does not have a website.

--Joe

Comp04svt

Established Member
He's on facebook if you search "J2Fabrication". I've seen him positing in the cobra parts page where other people have asked if he does other alternators. I believe he does.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Just a follow-up post, I ended up ordering a black 200 amp 4g alternator and wiring upgrade from Justin at J2 Fab. I'll post pics once installed. It will be going in the top center mount location underneath my Sullivan/HPP intake. I won't be getting the entire wiring upgrade since my battery is in the trunk.

By the way, his facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/J2Fab/

Users who are viewing this thread