J2fab Alternator pulley question

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I bought a j2fab alternator some time ago with the provided pulley and the need to shim the alternator. A few months after i purchased the alternator i saw on facebook that they had came out with a direct replacement alternator pulley with no need of shimming the alternator. I have tried to get in contact with j2fab a few times through facebook and i get no response at all so i can purchase the pulley. Question is, how much of a hassle is to try and shim the alternators for those that have gone this route?

rymax101

Established Member
Easy to shim it forward, just use some washers... But to get it towards the rear more would require some metal to be removed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Easy to shim it forward, just use some washers... But to get it towards the rear more would require some metal to be removed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The pulley he offers supposedly doesn't require any of that and shimming the alternator for it not shred belts is a hassle. Ive ran into a similar issue in my procharged cobra.

papajoewill

Established Member
I just sent back my alternator over to J2Fab for an update. Justin was as kind as ever and explained a little bit about the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread