Jacksonville and surrounding owners please come in here

tammy

Established Member
I have gotten all my mods' for the husbands' cobra here or coming for christmas. I wanted to Dyno the car before the holidays to get a graph to compare with after the mods. Trouble is I can't find a place in Jax yet. Surely you guys have contacts and can recommend someone to me? There use to be a race shop dang was it Larry Browns or something like that in Callahan just as you come into jax off US1? I don't want anything to do with that Gray Johns (shop is filty last I went which was years ago) even if he's the only one in town that has one. So who does that leave? If you can recommend someone can you give me all the info, names, numbers, your experience and some cost info? I wanted to give him a Dyno day to play with so any help would be great.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
This one is listed on the dynojet site:

Atlantic Performance
7227 Atlantic Blvd.
Jacksonville 32211
Tel. 904-722-3278

<clicky>

derryck

Established Member
Atlantic Performance is out of business... call Speedcraft in Orange Park @ (904) 276-9720 and talk w/ Todd or Tracy, Todd is the owner and is preferable. They have a dyno and have done some 03 Cobras already. Their normal charge is $85 for 3 pulls with no A/F or $100 for 3 pulls w/ A/F I believe. Let us know how it turns out. I have know Todd for several years and he's a pretty good guy and knows cars pretty well... he has a nice 3 rotor RX-7 (11.2 @ 125ish) and has done some work for John Gullit (PRO 5.0 Mustang guy) on occassion. Tell him that Derryck told you to call.

Last edited:

tammy

Established Member
Thanks Derryk great info from you both. I'll give them a call. Have you had your've dyno'd from speedcraft? I'm so excited now I knew there had to be one down there. I'll definely let you know how it goes. Just so I don't come off as a come idot to them could you tell me what a/f is and why i need to get that info? I have seen you guys speak that before but never knew what it was.

tammy

Established Member
Derryk that number is not any good do you have another one? It rings and then a fax will pick up. I tried to look it up in the yellow pages but no matches for the name.

derryck

Established Member
Tammy,

Here's a link to their site:

http://www.speed-craft.com/

And that is the correct number... you might have to keep trying. I just called him at that number. I haven't dynoed my Cobra yet but the turbocharged S2000 that they have on their site was originally done on my S2000 and it spent many hours on their dyno as have other cars of mine. The A/F is air-fuel ratio... it let's you know how rich or lean the car is running.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Tammy,
I got mine done at Speedcraft. They were a little 'cold' to me at first, but after awhile they were helpful. The shop is alittle hard to see, and dont go anytime near rush hour it is total PITA:gt:

jason

derryck

Established Member
Jason,
What were your numbers on their dyno?

Tammy,
I already spoke to Todd (the owner) and he's expecting your call.

tammy

Established Member
thanks i'll give him a call on monday. Can you take wells rd to the place? Like turning off 295 onto blanding then left on wells is that the right vacinity?

Jason I'd be interested in your numbers too. Is this a user friendly shop? Do they take there time and help you understand the graph and guide you to suggested mod's?

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by tammy
Jason I'd be interested in your numbers too. Is this a user friendly shop? Do they take there time and help you understand the graph and guide you to suggested mod's?

At first they were not real helpful with me. They all just stared at me when I first drove up, one guy even stated "I dont like domestics, but that ones pretty sweet":rollseyes They are mostly imports. Here is the dyno graph. Worst possible day to dyno, but results not that bad.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19521

By the end of the day they had warmed up to me, plus I was the first 03 they did, so they were impressed. I want to do another run with my mods, drop me a pm and maybe we can hook up.

jason

Users who are viewing this thread