Jaeger Bros Flaps and Alcoas with 275/35/Michelin Super Sports

acroholic

Established Member
I had 9" wide Alcoa front wheels installed with 275/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I also have Jaeger Brothers front flaps installed. I had to maneuver around another car in the driveway in the driveway yesterday, and did a steering turn lock towards the driver side, put it in reverse, then backed up. Heard a strange sound from the front of the car. Initially thought I was running over acorns, as I have some oak trees around and lots of squirrels. Didn't think anything of it Did the same thing backing out of the garage today and heard the same thing. Got out, and after a few minutes of turning the steering wheel and looking around the wheel wells, I found powdered rubber on the front side of the Jaeger Brothers Mud flaps I had installed on the front passenger side.

A tiny edge of the front pasenger tire was rubing on the flap right where the sidewall meets the tread.

So off come the flaps and out comes the Dremel with sanding wheel. I removed some material from the set of flaps and all seems well now. Pics of the old profile and the new profile. This seems to have taken care of the issue, but at full turn, these 275s are kinda close to the inner wheel well near where the Jaegers are installed. Not rubbing, but kinda close.

CIMG5219_zpse0e79317.gif

CIMG5220_zpse4a61e38.gif

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I'm running the same tires on the front, with the same flaps, but I have 10" wide wheels. Mine doesn't touch at all.

acroholic

Established Member
I'm running the same tires on the front, with the same flaps, but I have 10" wide wheels. Mine doesn't touch at all.

Maybe since you have 10s on the front, your tire sidewall is not quite as wide as 9s with 275s? 10s would give a bit more width for the tire to spread, maybe?

Mike Meyers

Established Member
My 275's on my 10" don't rub either. Had to make a small modification for my 315's to stop rubbing with my 11 1/2's on the rear though. Thanks to TORQJNKY he had the step by step pictures to fix this.

acroholic

Established Member
I pulled the Jaeger flaps off temporarily and it was fine. I probably only needed a tiny bit of the corner, but took a lot off just in case. Gotta have the flaps. Probably could have done it on-car as well. Oh well, one of the little fixes after we mess with the wheel/tire combos. Panhard bar install next.

Users who are viewing this thread