Jamal Hameedi vs. John Colletti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroescence

Established Member
I do love my raptor but if it came down to letting my 13 gt500 or my raptor go, it would be bye raptor. Also I haven't got my 13 gt500 yet and I've made that decision.

Bitchen truck none the less, great engineering and no other manufacture has anything close to compete with it from the factory with a full warranty.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Brian Wolfe was at Ford Racing. Ford Racing and SVT don't intersect all that much. Hermann the German Salenbauch is the current SVT director, who succeeded Hau Thai-Tang. Wolfe was way more into drag racing than guys like Jamal, Jost and Hermann. Hermann is also a very cool dude, and it's obvious he's freed Jamal and the rest of the crew to do what they do.

That's some truth right there. The entire SVT team are a group of great engineers, and just a awesome bunch of guys.

jtfx6552

Established Member
It was fairly well documented that the SVT group did not do the 99-01 Cobras.

I think their (99-01 Cobra) relative lack of performance, and the HP debacle of 99 is what got SVT cemented as being in charge of the top performance Mustang.

Colletti helped save SVT, but from an auto MFG standpoint, I don't know how successful they viewed the '03-04 Cobra. To performance enthusiasts that frequent this site, , and cetainly to me, it was a near perfect watershed vehicle, but to John Q. Public, it had several problems, driveline vibrations, "the tick", etc.

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Coletti doesn't get the recognition that he should. He showed Ford that a blower with a blower friendly motor, would drive the masses crazy. Why it took Ford this long to go this route is beyond me. But people are now willing to pay obscene amounts of money for a blower friendly car.

Yes but the Shelby name is what got people in the showrooms. In 04 they could not give Cobra's away

Good thread I agree with the OP except to add that Hameedi's predecessor also in his very short term as head of SVT, Brian Wolf (also an avid drag racer himself) got the ball rolling again at SVT by bringing us the Fr500 Cobra Jet and the Boss 302. So yes Ford management deserves a lot of credit for allowing these types of projects to go forward.

See bellow

Brian Wolfe was at Ford Racing. Ford Racing and SVT don't intersect all that much. Hermann the German Salenbauch is the current SVT director, who succeeded Hau Thai-Tang. Wolfe was way more into drag racing than guys like Jamal, Jost and Hermann. Hermann is also a very cool dude, and it's obvious he's freed Jamal and the rest of the crew to do what they do.

You can take this to the bank. I know Brian Wolfe personally. He is a great, down to earth true car guy. Cobra Jet FTW

It was fairly well documented that the SVT group did not do the 99-01 Cobras.

I think their (99-01 Cobra) relative lack of performance, and the HP debacle of 99 is what got SVT cemented as being in charge of the top performance Mustang.

Colletti helped save SVT, but from an auto MFG standpoint, I don't know how successful they viewed the '03-04 Cobra. To performance enthusiasts that frequent this site, , and cetainly to me, it was a near perfect watershed vehicle, but to John Q. Public, it had several problems, driveline vibrations, "the tick", etc.

99-01 Cobra's were "parts bin" cars. They were good cars at the time but 03-04 Cobras were leaps and bounds better than there predecessors. Not just in performance, but they truly were a special model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread