James Toney signed to UFC...

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
Article from MMATORCH states that Dana white signed James Toney to a multi-fight deal! Toney "ready to fight Randy Couture in a June or July debut"

WTF is Dana thinking? Is this his way of shutting up the boxing vs MMA?

If anyone stands with Toney they are crazy, and every fight starts standing. If it goes to the ground Toney is done.

I searched and didn't see a post on this so I thought I would add it in...:beer:

Common

Established Member
Toney is old and losing his mind but the guy can talk. Dana White thrives on shit talking, it was an obvious move by the scumbag that is Dana White.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Tooney was/is an excellent boxer. Very illusive and relatively fast for his size. BUT he is no MMA fighter.

The way MMA is now, you have to be good at all aspects of mixed martial arts, not just one style of fighting (ie Kimbo). Not to mention, in great physical shape, which Tooney has never been known for.

If Tooney were to step in the ring with Couture right now, im predicting a very short night. Should be a good publicity stunt though and it will draw a crowd.

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
Toney vs Kimbo? Would you watch it? Out of curiosity sake it would be interesting to see I think. It's a better matchup than Hershell Walker vs Jose Canseco which is what Strikeforce is currently working on.....

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
Toney vs Kimbo? Would you watch it? Out of curiosity sake it would be interesting to see I think. It's a better matchup than Hershell Walker vs Jose Canseco which is what Strikeforce is currently working on.....

maybe. i really cant stand kimbo and his failure to grasp MMA. no way id pay to see that crap.

dana white is turning the UFC into a ****ing circus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread