Jan 1- The NHL Winter Classic

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Bruins vs. Flyers this year! In Fenway Park! This is going to be absolutely awesome. Is anyone from here going?

I will be going to the Legends game on Jan 2 to see my favorite athlete of all time, Cam Neely, play alongside Ray Bourque and Bobby Orr along with Dennis Leary and other former pro hockey players and celebrities, but it's not the same as the real WInter Classic game.

I was supposed to go to the real game, I had $250 face value tix lined up for their face value, I think they are over $1000 each on Ebay. However, the dude screwed me and my GF over, so now I will be watching from home unfortunately :whine: .

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I am going to the bruins/flyers game and one of the college games... should be a good time.

Sweet! I am suprememly jealous!

I forgot all about the BU v BC game! That game is going to be pretty awesome too! I love watching those two teams play. BU is my team though, I hate BC!

rickm8

Banned
The classic is always a great game to watch, I'm currently following the world junior championships. I've played with a couple guys on team USA

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
The classic is always a great game to watch, I'm currently following the world junior championships. I've played with a couple guys on team USA

The Classic is always must see TV!

Wow! That's pretty awesome! Where do you play? Is the US good enough to beat Canada this year?

rickm8

Banned
The Classic is always must see TV!

Wow! That's pretty awesome! Where do you play? Is the US good enough to beat Canada this year?

I play d1 club for rit right now, the kid #23 palmieri used to play AAA bantam minor/major against my team, and I've skated with carlson #10 before too.

When it comes down to college hockey you have 2 choices, play club (D1 like mine is good hockey, all jr.a and jr.b players), or go for the gold and play juniors in canada or EJHL/USHL for 4 years and come into college at 21. I chose the first.

I think the US can hold them tight, but might not have enough to beat em, you have to remember that canada is the hockey empire haha

ff500

Established Member
I'm going to the legends game my friend picked up 8 tickets.

Wife got me club seats to the B's/Kings game Jan 30th for Xmas.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I play d1 club for rit right now, the kid #23 palmieri used to play AAA bantam minor/major against my team, and I've skated with carlson #10 before too.

When it comes down to college hockey you have 2 choices, play club (D1 like mine is good hockey, all jr.a and jr.b players), or go for the gold and play juniors in canada or EJHL/USHL for 4 years and come into college at 21. I chose the first.

I think the US can hold them tight, but might not have enough to beat em, you have to remember that canada is the hockey empire haha

LOL, you don't have to tell me about how college hockey works, I played for Assumption College (NCAA D2 but we played a D3 schedule) a few years ago.

How are you doing at RIT? Give me some stats!

If I could do it over again, I would have went to ASU and played club there for the girls and the weather though, but I love Phoenix. I know club is pretty decent hockey, I had some tryouts with a few ECHL teams and a lot of the guys that were trying out were club guys too. I was actually impressed by their level of play at the tryouts, but I guess they were their because they were probably the best of the best.

Side note: Those tryouts were the first time I had ever been on the ice for a real hockey fight! One dude got his face bloodied like it was going out of style. I think the dude that speed bagged him got a spot on a roster as a goon.

You should have played Juniors and went to college at 21. You would have been everyone's best friend! LOL, I kid, your path is just as good. I did a PG year at Pomfret (prep school) and that gave me an extra year before college and it really helped me out with a scholarship and giving me an advantage of being older than most freshmen, on the ice or in the class.

I actually just got back on the ice last night after not playing for five months. Man! My back is killing me! I am just a washed-up-has-been goalie now, but I actually impressed myself with my play last night! :beer:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I'm going to the legends game my friend picked up 8 tickets.

Wife got me club seats to the B's/Kings game Jan 30th for Xmas.

I should be at the Legends Game too! I can't wait to see Neely on the ice for the first time in forever!

The Kings game should be good. They have some really good players and their goalie is real good too, and he is a CT kid!

I would of loved to have gone. I heard there was 350,000 people trying to get tickets.

Ticket prices are rediculous! Everyone wants to go to the game. Plus, it's at Fenway, so everything is more expensive even before the scalpers mark up ticket prices. Hell, it will probably cost $50 just to park!:cuss:

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
I'm going to the Winter Classic and The Legends Game:) Only way is company seat stuff. No way was I going to pay that much money for tickets!

Let's hope I wake up enough in time after tonight! lol

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Hopefully the rain will hold off. Looking forward to the game but I think I would rather go to the legends game just to see the greatest player ever, Bobby Orr.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I'm going to the Winter Classic and The Legends Game:) Only way is company seat stuff. No way was I going to pay that much money for tickets!

Let's hope I wake up enough in time after tonight! lol

You better make it! That is game that shoul;d not be missed ever!

BTW, check out Tuuka Rask's Mask! It is fricken SWEET!!!

Mask of the Week: Tuukka Rask – The Goalie Guild

I love the ripped up Yankee Jersey and The Green Monster getting included too.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I am selling a pair of tickets for the bruins flyers game tomorrow if anyone in or around boston is interested...

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
my cousin went today. His boss bought him and his gf front row tickets!:eek:
Mobile upload from his fb lol:

20553_578763825836_34506722_33831254_6536725_n.jpg

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Definitely a good game and a good event yearly but the only reason for going is to be a part of the crowd. Unlike an actually hockey stadium you can't see squat because you're 30ft from the glass. I enjoyed it on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread