JBA Axle back

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Anybody have this yet? Any opinions on it? Looking into exhaust for the new 5.0. It's a DD so I dont want to get to crazy with it yet.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i agree

How does a two mufflers a couple of tips and short pipes cost almost $400?

better yet when you look at Bassani, Magnaflow on some others how do they justify 600-700 for mufflers, and tips. i remember when complete cat back kits for sn-95-new edge cars were in the 4-500 range. i remember my 03 mach 1 borla stinger kit was 459. and you get a lot more than you do on the s-197 cars. personally the JBA i had on my 07 gt were great and i believe Justin at JPC sold then to me for 259.00 and they sounded great. for 379 i may try these new ones. just my opinion.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
curious how this will sound. Cant find anything on youtube. so far im leaning towards the roush axle back. i dont want to mess with the cats for a while so i dont want to spend 500+ on a set of mufflers and tips to be a LITTLE louder....So far the Roush feeds this taste...

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
these companys are the biggest rip off for these new exhausts. axle backs should be around $200-$300. Cat backs should be $500-$600. i cant believe people are paying for a $1000 for some cat backs. such a shame they feel the need to rip people off because it s a new car. i dont get how 2010 stuff is a lot cheaper lol.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Compared to the corsa this is one of the cheaper axlebacks. And the corsa and borla are both >$700. I'd like to have one of those 2 but I'm not gonna spend 700 on an axleback. Atleast not right now.

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
these companys are the biggest rip off for these new exhausts. axle backs should be around $200-$300. Cat backs should be $500-$600. i cant believe people are paying for a $1000 for some cat backs. such a shame they feel the need to rip people off because it s a new car. i dont get how 2010 stuff is a lot cheaper lol.

It's even worse for Corvettes... the muffler deletes are around $750 and Magnaflow, Borla, & Corsa axle backs are all around $1250+. I think Flowmaster is the only company not trying to rip people off.

Just buy the right size/shape mufflers and take your car to a decent exhaust shop.

11dsgGT

Established Member
curious how this will sound. Cant find anything on youtube. so far im leaning towards the roush axle back. i dont want to mess with the cats for a while so i dont want to spend 500+ on a set of mufflers and tips to be a LITTLE louder....So far the Roush feeds this taste...

I made the mistake of purchasing those mufflers then a 3" cat-back system, only to find out that the Roush were 2.5". Dont waist your money on them like I did.

Users who are viewing this thread