JBA Offroad H-pipe Questions

03-BLK-SNAKE

Established Member
Was thinking about purchasing this pipe from American Muscle and had a few questions if anyone has experience with this particular pipe. Biggest concern is that people have posted that due to the length of the pipe, it pushes the mufflers back slightly. I have the GT500 axle back and would like to know how much shift I should expect in the tips. Also, how is the fit on this pipe? Let me know if anyone has any insight on these 2 questions. Thanks!

RFM50

Established Member
I would not purchase these unless you plan on shortening your stock exhaust. They push the pipes back and makes them hit the axle or the floor pan. I bought these when lethal was advertising them as there own not knowing they were made by Jba. Well when I got them the had Jba's name all over them. I wound up cutting my exhaust to make them work.

mxracer409

Established Member
Hey, just wanted to chime in on this. I just bought the JBA Stainless OR H pipe and installed it on my 2011 about a month ago. They acknowledged the problem with the length of the mid pipes and reworked the jig they used to fix this issue (i waited 2 months to get mine). The length is no longer an issue and the mufflers line up great now.

The one problem I am having is that where the mid pipe connects to the cat delete pipe, the "bulb" has a very very small leak on the passenger side. I'm a bit OCD with things like this. Even though there isn't any noise from it I just still know it leaks.

Anyways, happy modding. :beer:

Last edited:

RFM50

Established Member
Hey, just wanted to chime in on this. I just bought the JBA Stainless OR H pipe and installed it on my 2011 about a month ago. They acknowledged the problem with the length of the mid pipes and reworked the jig they used to fix this issue (i waited 2 months to get mine). The length is no longer an issue and the mufflers line up great now.

The one problem I am having is that where the mid pipe connects to the cat delete pipe, the "bulb" has a very very small leak on the passenger side. I'm a bit OCD with things like this. Even though there isn't any noise from it I just still know it leaks.

Anyways, happy modding. :beer:

I have that same problem as well.

03-BLK-SNAKE

Established Member
Thanks guys for the info so far. All good information to take into consideration. I am also really picky about getting pipes sealed up and not having leaks. Sucks you guys are both having the same issue with the leakage. May have to consider a different pipe. I read the reviews on AM but wanted to do my own research.

Radar Doc

Established Member
My JBA Stainless ORH was made at the end of May. I had to cut exactly 1/2" off the back of the pipes to get everything aligned around the rear axle/frame. The GT-500 muffler tips are perfectly centered in the valance and don't stick out. I'm happy now, but having to use the chop saw, it wasn't a true "bolt on".

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
My JBA Stainless ORH was made at the end of May. I had to cut exactly 1/2" off the back of the pipes to get everything aligned around the rear axle/frame. The GT-500 muffler tips are perfectly centered in the valance and don't stick out. I'm happy now, but having to use the chop saw, it wasn't a true "bolt on".

Same here. I have the jba long tubes and x pipe.

03-BLK-SNAKE

Established Member
Where do you get information on the On3 pipes? I saw them on eBay for a while and now they only sell x-pipes on eBay. Tried looking on their website but they don't have info about anything but turbo kits. Will the On3 h-pipe marry up to the stock manifolds and catback pipes? How is the fitment out of the box?

naeem5oh

Established Member
i had this setup with my gt500 mufflers and enjoyed it becuz the gt500 tips were hidden by the valence and im glad it pushed them out a bit, fitment was great but i also noticed a small leak and had to go back to the exhaust shop to get it fixed

RFM50

Established Member
While installing my control arms today and changing my oil I decided to snug up my h-pipe bolts and I think I may have fixed my minor leak. My brother in law was the one that shortened my exhaust at his shop and I don't think he snugged everything down enough.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
i had this setup with my gt500 mufflers and enjoyed it becuz the gt500 tips were hidden by the valence and im glad it pushed them out a bit, fitment was great but i also noticed a small leak and had to go back to the exhaust shop to get it fixed

I have the after catted JBA version that is a 3" out....when I installed it I replaced the resonators with 3" pipe and had them cut it so the gt500 ab's sat flush with the rear valance. Looks/functions great!

However, at first startup when th ecar is cold I do have a slight leake where the down pipes mate up to the mid pipe up front. When the car warms up the pipe expands and seals the leak so it is not there.

I woudl probably recommend a different mid pipe, If I did it again I wodul go with an H- vs an x still though.

03-BLK-SNAKE

Established Member
The thing that is turning me on to the JBA is the fact that it is a 4 piece pipe. Here in Texas I have to be able to throw the cats in for inspection and would love to only swap out the 2 down pipes as opposed to man-handling the entire pipe. But several people have mentioned the leak issue with this pipe. Anyone else offer a 4 piece off-road h-pipe for our cars that utilizes the stock manifolds and catback?

Users who are viewing this thread