JBS MOTORSPORTS

WHLYTNIN

Established Member
Here is a racing cobra for ya down at Daytona in january:D
Daytona%203.jpg

We race in the street stock series in Grand-am cup!

95rcobra

Hey WHTLYTNIN,
That would be the GS class of the Grand cup, right? nice race cobra. I presume by looking at the photos that it is a 95R or possibly another stang that looks like one. I have followed this series for years and go up to the Glen every year when the Great American series is at the Glen. were you at the Glen last year. I thought that I saw your car there. anyway its a great series and the 95R's and 99's have enjoyed great success in that GS class. Hope they can bring home another manufacturers cup title for Ford this year. Real nice touch on the 9/11 memory. Puts a tear in my eyes thinking about the friend that was lost in the attack. my other friend works for Port authority and still is doing work with the cleanup today. Hope we never have to go through something like that again. thanks 95rcobra.

WHLYTNIN

Established Member
Yes sir, Grand-am GS II
Yea Its not a real cobra just a clone but it has many of the cobra parts Oil cooler, "burp bottle",ETC...
The paint job is new this year this is what the car looked like last year...
3573_059_jpg.jpg
3573_026_jpg.jpg

Thanks on the tribute I'm just trying to do my part in keepin the memory alive!NEVER FORGET :( Later 95R

Andy M

Established Member
I was at the Rolex 24HR at Daytona this year and saw this car in person. Man, I had fun there!! The CUP races are cool cause they are much shorter and are therefore much more competitive, because you don't have time to goof off and hope the guy in front of you has mechanical difficulties?....

95rcobra

Now I remember the car seeing those great shots from the Glen. I have to get my 95R around that roadcourse in one of the many driving events they have there at the Glen. I looked at the schedule but cannot remember if it was may or june that I thought the Grand Am race is at the Glen this year. I plan on being there. Are you running the JBS Motorsports mustang at the Glen this year. If so I will see you there. Good Luck with the Cobra. thanks 95rcobra.

1995 Cobra R model #185.
2002 F250 SD SC SB Lariat V10.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by 95rcobra
Now I remember the car seeing those great shots from the Glen. I have to get my 95R around that roadcourse in one of the many driving events they have there at the Glen. I looked at the schedule but cannot remember if it was may or june that I thought the Grand Am race is at the Glen this year. I plan on being there. Are you running the JBS Motorsports mustang at the Glen this year. If so I will see you there. Good Luck with the Cobra. thanks 95rcobra.

1995 Cobra R model #185.
I was only a spectator at Daytona.. :(

The team I was with there (Momentum Racing Houston/G&W Motorsports) had an Italian made SRPII car in the 24 Hour race and they will be at Watkins Glen... I think that race is some time in June/July?? We would have to check the schedule on the Grand American web site to be sure?

Anyway, some day I hope to be good enough to drive a car in at least a CUP race?? For, a spectator I will be! I am not sure yet if I will be able to make the race at the Glen this summer yet?...

95rcobra

I checked on the Watkins Glen race schedule and it is the weekend of June 21,22,and 23. I plan on being there for saturday and sunday at least. I have been to the last 8 years of Nascar winston cup races at the Glen up until last year. Since it has become so commercial in the last 2 years I am kind of losing my appeal for Nascar. they might as well run the same cars like the Iroc series because they certainly dont show any stock production car similarities to me. Grand am series is one of the few series that is running production assembly line cars to race. I have been watching Nascar since the late 60's and can honestly say the last 2 years I have followed it very little compared to all those years before. I love watching and going to roadcourse races. Going to the Glen is great for this series because it is usually a small crowd and you can go anywhere on the racetrack. I will be hoping to get my 95R out on one of these tracks this summer with PDA or CarGuys. I am going to hook up with NJ2000R and his R and we will try to get to Pocono or Limerock for some track time this summer. also with the englishtown roadcourse opening soon we should be seeing some events there shortly. Later, 95rcobra.

1995 Cobra R model #185.

WHLYTNIN

Established Member
Hey guys I am glad that you enjoy this type of racin so much I love it! I would love to meet you if you can make it!:beer: The best thing I can tell you on finding us is look for the car in gravel paddock down below the BIG winston cup sign!

ANDY M you were at Daytona? Did you see that the first two cars were DQ and we ended up 4 In class I thought that was cool:mj: HEHEHE
Later Doug

Dyno

Established Member
Originally posted by WHLYTNIN
Yes sir, Grand-am GS II
Yea Its not a real cobra just a clone but it has many of the cobra parts Oil cooler, "burp bottle",ETC...

So long as it's 351 powered and being raced, it's the real deal.

The car looks good.

Keith

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Steve: I'll mark those dates on my calendar....should be good to go, as long as I'm not stuck working that weekend :gt:

WHLYTNIN: what part of NY? You'll have to come over to NJ when we have our next meet and cruise....our last one was alot of fun....we met at garden state plaza in paramus, then cruised north, had pizza in mahwah, then cruised up through Bear Mountain, and returned to the mall....I think there are links to photos somewhere on this thread....

95rcobra

Hey DOUG,
Damn I was pissed off reading on the Grand Am site about how the race ended in california. 3 laps to go and two mustang cobras are battling for the win and take each other out in a crash. awwwww that hurts. thankfully John Shreiner pulled it out for 3rd place and got a mustang cobra on the GSII podium. I know exactly where you will be in the Paddock. I sat in turn one for all of the 8 years that I was going to the Bud at the Glen nascar races. The beauty of the Grand am races is you can sit wherever you want. see you there 95rcobra.

Hey Ken,
I hope you can make it up to the Glen that weekend because it is a blast. I know that you will like this Blue Oval Ford Racetrack. it takes about 3 hours to get up there from here and its real easy. I will talk to you about it saturday at the nyshow. later 95rcobra.

WHLYTNIN

Established Member
:beer: 95 cobra Hey! Sorry I havent been posten in some time
On tues I went into the hospital for skin grafts
cry.gif
In the collision shop where I work about 5 weeks ago I sustained 1,2,3, deg burns to the back of my left leg:burn: ouuuuuch!!! now they took the top of my thigh off to cover the back of my calf where the 3 deg burns were. the rest of my leg I am happy :) to report is helin nicely!:p :-D so any way 95 cobra the two cars that had a little problem at the end :whine: the budget car is the team who we pit with doh I got the inside scoop on that. The 53 car missed a shift:nono: DOH and Snipes was all over that car in a heart beat so he tried to get around him and the 53 car came down blockin the spot and boom:mj: :gt: Chuck Snipes was really:gt: Hey when you guys come up are you going to bring your cars?:-D that would be sooo cool Bret one of the drivers of the car wanta to see them out and about! And we will take lots of pics. I would love to have a pic of my Lightning on the WGI track!

Hey NJ2000R

I am up in the Ithaca area so I am a real close to the action over here I would love to come and cruze with ya let me know when! Maybe I can get Bret to bring the '95 or '98 cobras out and play!
:cool: There are really no cool cruzes over here what do you do when your out? Later Doug

Hey Dyno
351 all the way baby!!!:coolman: Thanks!!!!

95rcobra

Hey Doug,
Sorry to hear about your accident!
How long for recovery from that operation? I was at the NY autoshow yesterday with NJ2000 and we discussed going up to the Glen for that weekend of the 21st. It looks good as long as he has off from work that weekend and is free. I will be there for the race but I dont think we will be bringing our R's up there for that weekend. we discussed doing a PDA event up at the Glen in the future but for now it looks like we will be doing a PDA at Pocono coming later this year. Plus I want to come to the Glen to watch you guys race the R's in competition. that's the best part. I hope that you recover quickly from your operation and we will see you at the Glen in june. thanks Steve C.

WHLYTNIN

Established Member
Damm the back of my leg looks like goddam frankinstine:gt: staples and dried blood and oh man not what I was hoping for:xpl: I dont kknow how lonng I will be out:(
Later
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread