JDM cleanup of Roush 625hp

ghostrider7953

Established Member
I had the Roush 625 hp upgrade installed on my 2011 automatic. Dyno'd on a Mustang dyno in 3rd gear , on a day with a heat index of 104 and dyno'd 439 at 5000 rpms. I wanted the Roush tune cleaned up; better throttle response, no more discolored tail pipes and more safe power.
I spoke with different tuners, different forum members and did my research. I felt comfortable with JDM Engineering (Jim sr, JimIII & Nick Sezz) and had them do a tune for my ride. I still don't understand the black box voodoo of tuning; all I know is their tune gave me 500rwhp & 455 TQ on a mustang dyno. The throttle response is there, idles smoothly with/ without Ac on and definitely has more power. Jim told me that if I wanted more power then move from an 85 mm pulley to an 82 mm with a retune I should pick up another 25-30 rwhp. He also suggested going to a dyno jet which seems to be the norm for dynos; it will give me a better picture of my rwhp.
I'm 60 yrs old ,very old school and really amazed how cars today are "tuned." My first ride, probably when most of you were in diapers, was a 71' Mach 1. The 71' s power couldn't hold a candle to my 11' Roush charged pony.
I can't imagine what it would be like to control the power that some of you guys have.
Have a good one.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Congrats thats awesome.... cool how mustangs make you feel young again!
I have the Phase 2 kit, but with an 82mm pulley...no dyno updates yet, but soon. Car feels strong, but im thinking of taking out the 3.73 gears in favor of 3.55 or 31s.

NickSezz

Established Member
Glad we could help! : )

This car is an A6 Roush car that Roush did the install on. We worked with the dyno shop to dial in the car and give it a good, safe and very reliable tune for the street. The A6 and Mustang dyno worked against us on the numbers we saw, but the increase is clearly viable and felt.

If you have a Roush or Roush-charged Mustang and want more power and better throttle response give JDM a call!

ghostrider7953

Established Member
I took the 3:73s out and replaced with 3:31. With the way the automatic is geared the 3:31s have given the 5.0 enough controllable power to get out the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread