JDM Day - Marlon's Shelby GT500 Drag Racing

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
I was trying to get a few runs in with my car before I sell it so I only managed to get shots from one of Marlon's runs, but they came out OK.

--Russ

marlon-2.jpg

marlon-3.jpg

marlon-8.jpg

marlon-4.jpg

marlon-5.jpg

marlon-6.jpg

marlon-7.jpg

marlon-11.jpg

bubbrubb

wow, really nice pics!! The GT500 looks so damn good in red! :beer: :rockon:

...but I'm sorry to see that mid 13 second run come up in the last picture! Either you have some seriously fast movements/focus skills with your camera, or he was just being nice and going slower for you to get some good action shots of him :D

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
VelociTT said:
Either you have some seriously fast movements/focus skills with your camera, or he was just being nice and going slower for you to get some good action shots of him :D

Okay, I adjusted the ET for ultra low mileage car, driver still getting used to it, fast camera shuttler speed, driver posing for the pictures, cold weather, prepped track, etc.

Here's the result:

marlon-1.jpg

Now doesn't this just make EVERYBODY happy? lol

--Russ :nono:

SteveEvo8

Established Member
Great pics. I was never a fan of that color combo before, but now its growing on me.

Keep up the good runs!

Steve

broeli

Established Member
Wow 13.4 and it's not even on stock rubber??! The 106 trap isn't good either.

bubbrubb

Jersey Vics said:
Okay, I adjusted the ET for ultra low mileage car, driver still getting used to it, fast camera shuttler speed, driver posing for the pictures, cold weather, prepped track, etc.

Here's the result:

marlon-1.jpg

Now doesn't this just make EVERYBODY happy? lol

--Russ :nono:

HAHA!! thats too fuggin funny!! thats a really good pshop!:beer:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Ok someone who has one please clear this up. Was there really no boost until after 500 miles or so? I have seen some other people saying this in the other thread.:shrug:

bubbrubb

2-slow said:
Ok someone who has one please clear this up. Was there really no boost until after 500 miles or so? I have seen some other people saying this in the other thread.:shrug:
I think you need to drive for 5 miles straight or have 40 cold starts?:shrug:

mds370

Established Member
ok, let me clear the air. First time at the track just under 500 miles .first 2 runs on factory tires

1) forgot to turn traction control off, burn out sucked, excessive wheel hop, fried the tires through 1st and 2nd. First time car ever at full throttle.

[email protected] 2.75 60ft

2) better burn out, wheel hop is a definate issue. launched better less spin, 2nd gear broke loose , short shifted 3rd.

13.55 @107.77

3) done with street tires, no time to learn how to launch on them. BFG KDW Drag Radials. still getting hop on burn out . Launch rpm too low, bogged down

12.73@ 110.27 2.09 60ft

last 2 runs , burn outs were crap,lots of wheel hop rather than break something, I did the best I could and just ran

4) [email protected] 2.21 60ft
5) [email protected] 2.309 60ft

I think with more seat time I will definately lower the times. Still getting to know the car.

Marlon

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
why all the wheel hop???
I thought the whole point to having a solid is to get rid of wheel hop ???????????

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
i was unable to make it to JDM day. Wish i could have been there. hey Marlon, was that you i talked to in middletown by the sears on rt 35 when you were in the shelby?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread