JDM for 03 can you say bye bye competition???

i8u

Established Member
Your going to fly!! There was a post somewhere around here about a 03 w/ a lightning pully that ran a 12.08 @ 118 or something like that.

lethal

Established Member
Oh, you totally need to keep us informed, those are the exact changes I will make to mine. Tell me, are you going to dyno the car before and after only or will you do it between steps.

If you did, many here would be thankful and it would be quite educational.

I'm thinking 500hp+ at the wheels and probably high 400's for the torque.

Good choices -- I'll buy from them!

lethal

Established Member
Wow =)

Like I said, please try and dyno it between changes ... I know it is expensive, but it might be worth it so we can see what really makes this thing scream. I'm so happy for ya. I know people will balk at this, but since this car will be my main vehicle for the next 3 yrs... Im not going to mod it. When the payments are over THEN I'll do all the fun stuff.

I'm jealous..... how much did it cost youf or the mods?

lethal

Established Member
Awesome, that rules =)

Your getting me all stoked.... I'm going to look for your results and your times/speeds.

Congrats!!!!

i8u

Established Member
lethal,
You could just add a aftermarket h or x pipe w/ cats without voiding your factory warrenty. It would defenetly give you more power. I am waiting on my 03 too. I will try too aviod voiding my warreny, But when I hear numbers like that w/ just a few bolt- ons, I know I won't be able to wait.

GTto03,
Im jealous too!
Keep us posted with your results. Also why is the pulley easyer to change that the stock? When you get it, could you post a pic?

Last edited:

lethal

Established Member
Well, I would consider doing that, kinda of why I asked if he would do the mods incrementally....

Like exhaust, then pulley, then chip and get the data points between them.

I'm totally up for the mods that dont bust the warrenty.

Those pulleys that swap in and out might be able to do it too (not void the warrenty) if they cannot be detected. Is there a site with the pullies on them? I wanna see!

i8u

Established Member
The dealers will be able to tell you changed your pulley since you will exceed 8lbs of boost. Info like that is monited and stored in your pcm. The only way around that is having access to a scan tool to clear your codes.

i8u

Established Member
Glad to here you'll still have your warrenty! Gotta love forged internals.

i8u

Established Member
I have seen (being a tech)If you are an established repeat customer the dealorship will gennerally bend over backwards for you. Looks like your ready too fly! Enjoy racing those $75,000 500 horse vipers. Wonder what the guy in the viper will think?
Don't get me wrong the viper is awsome, but when you look at bang for the buck they just don't compare in my opinion.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Man I gotta hand it to you guys I definitely dont have the balls to test my warranty like that , But dam you guys are the test bed for us future modders. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.:rolling:

hantzis

Established Member
If you dyno before and after, please post the results. I would like to write an article up on your results. We are currently looking for people to join the dynoperformance.com team, to write articles and obtain dyno results. We were featured in the April 02 issue of MM&FF (http://dynoperformance.com/publicity.php)
This site is a project, not a business, which means there is no financial aspect involved. If you are interested, email me at [email protected].

B

blown03cobra

GTO, what kind of catback are you going with and you doing a , x pipe, h pipe???

NXCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by GTto03
The way I found my connection was calling different dealerships and requesting to speak with the Service Manager... Just be honest with them without revealing who you are and they may be cool about it.. I called three dealerships before I found a mod friendly dealer.. They even installed 373s for my car and covered it...... I had my rearend and motor replaced...... They just like honesty!

You are dealing with a completely different entity when you try to warranty items on an SVT vehicle. They do not just send dealerships parts like they would with GT's, they have someone from SVT come look at it. Once the coating is removed from the PCM from installing a chip, dont be surprised when you have to pay to get things fixed especially any drivetrain and engine internals. Trust me, I have a Lightning and I can tell you quite a few warranty voids and other numerous hassle's that you will get if something goes south.
Any major repairs under warranty with the engine and drivetrain will require an SVT person to come check the vehicle before the dealership can do anything.
I have a couple life long friends who are mechanics at the Ford dealership I do business with, and even they could not help me if I broke something on my truck or my 03 Cobra.

Be careful

Users who are viewing this thread