JDM here I come

lightning71482

Established Member
The truck is being dropped off at JDM at the end of april. 4-5 weeks and she will be running 9 sec in the 1/4. cant wait:rockon: :beer: :thumbsup:

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Mine is there now getting close to the 9 sec mark. I am hoping to get there with my MP blower. If that is not possible I will step up to a bigger blower.
Jim

FordFanStan

Established Member
I know it is possible, but I don't think it can be 100% said that you will be there. There are tons of factors, not only in the build and design of the build, but alot to do with where, when, and how you race too. Good luck on the build and getting there. BTW, what is the quickest ET and or trap you have ran before?... Stan

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Oh yeah there are a ton of factors involved. You can't just slap some shit together and go run 9's. It has to have the right components, suspension, track prep, weather, etc etc. There should be a 9 second street driven Lightning in Houston very soon.

lightning71482

Established Member
well right now it is just about stock but I recently came into some extra cash so I called up Ryan at JDM and talked to him and I am going to have everything built up blower, tranny, gears, suspension, new block, new tune everything and I am wanting to see9's when done but if not it should be pretty close.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
I know it is possible, but I don't think it can be 100% said that you will be there. There are tons of factors, not only in the build and design of the build, but alot to do with where, when, and how you race too. Good luck on the build and getting there. BTW, what is the quickest ET and or trap you have ran before?... Stan
True words there! Weather conditions and track prep are so important. Also the truck must be running perfectly. There is a reason only a few have gone in the 9s so far.
Jim

FordFanStan

Established Member
Have you ever been on a track before? If you havent been even close to the nines than your gonnabe spooked quite dramatically when you get it. If your not use to the power my suggestion is to get a low boost conservative pump gas street tune, and race with that for a while before you ever think about turning up the wick... Stan

lightning71482

Established Member
I haven't raced at a track but I have done alot of street racing so I don't think it will be that big of a deal but thanks for the warning and info.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Night and day difference between the track and any street IMO. Your going to be surprised, (in a good way I mean), I bet money on it.. Stan

Users who are viewing this thread