JDM Medium Length Headers.....

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Since Bassani can't seem to get their medium length headers to market, how about an offering from JDM?

I would like to see 1 7/8" primaries with a 3" collector which would connect to an H or X pipe above the level of the floor pan.

I would go with long tubes, but I don't want to deal with the ground clearance issues, and it seems like everything that's come out so far has 1 5/8" primaries.

Any one else interested in a similar header set up???

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
I think its a bad idea, I'm very happy with the system I have so far. At least where I live, the winter is on us, and I have nothing better to do than wait on my headers. The quality I have received so far is next to none. As for me, I want a complete Bassani exhaust. Plus, I will be in the FTP group buy... Just my 2 cents

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
How can more options be a bad idea???

Plus if you go the route of continual improvement with one of these cars, it's not long until you're over 500 RWHP. A 1 5/8" header on 2 1/2" exhaust becomes a restriction at that point.

My current big problem (other than having to wait 3 months for Spring) is cylinder head heat. A more open header should lead to lower cylinder head temperatures.

How about it Lighting Larry??? Any interest in putting out a new product?

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Ok, I miss read your post. You don't even have their x-pipe, so their headers are no good to you. So no since in waiting for them. So far, Their headers are only going to work on Their x-pipe. If you want a 3 inch exhaust, someone already makes one. Do a search... Your not asking JDM to just make special headers, you also want them to make a special X-pipe.. Just stating facts..

Forcefed

Established Member
It is a good gesture, but I think my the time JDM were to put in the R&D, the Bassani headers should be out. Keyword "Should".. I'm waiting for the whole system before I buy anything.. I was also looking @ Bolra..

Users who are viewing this thread