JDM Superstock cams

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
These cams can be installed with Ford Performance GT500 4V Mustang SVT Camshaft Drive Kit, part # M-6004-54SVT, which all fits under your stock valve covers.

If you upgrade to the 10mm GT-40 Timing Gears/Chain set, then you will need different valve covers.

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
These cams can be installed with Ford Performance GT500 4V Mustang SVT Camshaft Drive Kit, part # M-6004-54SVT, which all fits under your stock valve covers.

If you upgrade to the 10mm GT-40 Timing Gears/Chain set, then you will need different valve covers.

Those cams sprockets are a little bigger than OEM right?if I want to retain the OEM cover then I need to put on the gt500 stock timing gears set up correct?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have them in my GT500, they run with the OEM timing equipment. The stock 8mm chain is pretty strong, it's the crank sprocket and the secondary chains that break. You need upgraded valve springs, and they're pretty aggressive for a stock engine, but they make good power. JDM engineering sells a kit with absolutely everything you need for a good price.
This is how they sound the on my GT500

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've heard your setup before. Man does it sound nice! I expect you turn heads when you pull into a local cruise night. (y)

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
I have them in my GT500, they run with the OEM timing equipment. The stock 8mm chain is pretty strong, it's the crank sprocket and the secondary chains that break. You need upgraded valve springs, and they're pretty aggressive for a stock engine, but they make good power. JDM engineering sells a kit with absolutely everything you need for a good price.
This is how they sound the on my GT500
Thanks! going with the 8mm timing and original OEM Valve covers, sound like awesome cams! How much power do they add with boost?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! going with the 8mm timing and original OEM Valve covers, sound like awesome cams! How much power do they add with boost?
Good call, just do the cam kit JDM engineering sells, or at least do a billet crank sprocket and HD secondary chains.

I haven't had the car on the dyno. It was street tuned by Lund racing. I'm maybe low 900whp. I make 23psi with a Gen3 TVS.

Users who are viewing this thread