Jet Hot

blown up 98

Established Member
well i just took my L/T's off and they are starting to get a little rusty called jet hot and got a price of $285 what do you think is it a good idea/have any of you had it done?

cobraracer46

Banned
well i just took my L/T's off and they are starting to get a little rusty called jet hot and got a price of $285 what do you think is it a good idea/have any of you had it done?

Jet Hot flakes off guaranteed.:fm: I bought a set of "jet hot" coated headers from a company named after street walkers and the coating started to flake off and expose the bare steel to rust after two years, worse still, the header company and jet hot bastards only warranty the coating for one year, so based on this, I would say **** the jet hot coating and save up for same stainless steel headers.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
My dad gets his headers coated by jet hot and they lasted a few years, but that was a drag motor running 800+ to the rear and only running on the strip so its not the same as the street as it wasnt exposed to rain and the elements etc.

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
I just got my headers back from jet hot, but have not put them on the car yet (tomorrow).

Here's how the extreme sterling looks when it comes back (before and after):

Some before:

59007_pre.jpg

59011_pre.jpg

59012_pre.jpg

59016_pre.jpg

And the afters:

59003_pre.jpg

59004_pre.jpg

59005_pre.jpg

blown up 98

Established Member
I just got my headers back from jet hot, but have not put them on the car yet (tomorrow).
well i dont have any pics but they look worse than yours did. My car dosnt see rain or salt so do u think that they will chip and how much did they charge you?

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
well i dont have any pics but they look worse than yours did. My car dosnt see rain or salt so do u think that they will chip and how much did they charge you?

Mine were $324 for the extreme sterling and that included return shipping. And mine were pretty bad. The person that had them before me blew there motor and I think it was a long time coming. The amount of oil burnt and cake on inside a couple of the tubes was almost 1/2" thick in spots.

I can't comment on the chipping claims. However, no matter what part or company you talk about you will always hear someone claim it is the worst thing ever created and a waste of money. Specially on this site. I reserve judgment until I see for myself whether on someone else's car that I know, or my own.

Besides, the ceramic is going to give you much cooler under hood temps than $10 rattle can paint.

Users who are viewing this thread