Jim Bell vs. Dustin Whipple (LONG)

Black03WPB

Established Member
Originally posted by dgussin1
What the hell are you talking about? I really like the whipple and almost ordered one. I do not like the procharger. I think the free world knows that. As a matter of fact I don't think anybody likes the procharger for the 03-04 cobras. Even the people that have them. They spend countless hours and dollars and still have trouble with their cars.

Please explain to me how I am bashing the whipple?

You're mister search, look it up. I dont have time to look up where you have said numerous pro KB statements, but thats exactly how you come off. I'm sorry if it offends you or what not, but sometimes that how it goes.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Originally posted by vector
Top fuel blowers are roots style(not screw) i think but i dont know for sure

they are also HUGE
Thats because they can spare the extra 200hp to turn those suckahs!
About Whipple, it's been 9 weeks and they still haven't sent me installation instructions. Really just want the torque for the intercooler to the blower and the blower to the intake.
Everytime I contact Whiplle it's thier in the mail...very disappointed, maybe that will change when I get the blower on.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Black03WPB
You're mister search, look it up. I dont have time to look up where you have said numerous pro KB statements, but thats exactly how you come off. I'm sorry if it offends you or what not, but sometimes that how it goes.
So I am proud of something I own. Lets stop the world and wait.

Silver 03 Cobra

I'm getting tired of this chit myself. We are the ones getting screwed. The consumer is reading this crap and is stuck in the middle trying to make a determination which product to buy. Bassani lied to people when the first 03 Cobras hit the street by saying a 99/01 exhaust would not fit. Now I read on this board a Kenne Bell BAP is no good but on another board I read the Focus pumps were either no good or not needed. And usually the person making the claims just so happens to sell what they recommend. I just bought a BAP. Now how am I supposed to fell. There are some boards that if you do get help it is by someone wanting to sell something. I have no problem with pushing your product but I have a big problem with a manufacture or seller putting down a competitor especially in a public forum. If you want to do it standing in your shop, that's your right. But don't do it in public. As an engineer for a big manufacturer I get quotes on projects. The guy that sits there and shoots his mouth off especially by downing the other guy is usually the one that is full of shit and usually results in a lot of product/customer service problems almost 100 percent of the time.

The manufacturers have more in a product other than material and cost to manufacture. They are making a big engineering, research, purchasing, materials, inventory and tooling investments targeted to a small number of consumers. The competition is great and I understand they are trying to protect their investment. But, the professionalsim is very poor.

The remark by Shelbyguy about the Ford GT only making 500 HP. It's rated 550 at the crank. It is making 550 at the wheels. That's almost 650 at the crank with a factory warranty. I'll take a GT engine in a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black03WPB

Established Member
So I am proud of something I own. Lets stop the world and wait.

No need to diss other products in the meantime. You no longer own the KB, correct? I thought your parents forced you to sell it ( :bored: ).. or so Ive read on the forums.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Originally posted by ShelbyGuy
I'm ShelbyGuy

Oh, I'm sorry. I missed that. I'm Bob Cosby. Nice to meet you.

and my problem is that this is a troll thread not meant to unearth any new info, its just to stir the pot.
There is likely some truth to that. However, there might also be some useful info in some of this mess too.

And its not just here, either. its polluting other forums I read too.
Bummer.

This thread belongs in roadside, not in terminator.
We all have our opinions. Whose is better?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Black03WPB
No need to diss other products in the meantime. You no longer own the KB, correct? I thought your parents forced you to sell it ( :bored: ).. or so Ive read on the forums.
That is what one is supposed to believe according Evil04Cobra. Is it true, no. Who says I don't have a new KB now? Perhaps you need go back to your cave and STFU, and perhaps stay the fu*k out of my business.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
KB or whipple...nah...I'd rather have this from X2C motorsports :beer:

X2C03firstrun06.jpg

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
who ever it was that listed hammers car francos car and the other car..hey all have cams... anyways

this thread is entertaining

Black03WPB

Established Member
That is what one is supposed to believe according Evil04Cobra. Is it true, no. Who says I don't have a new KB now? Perhaps you need go back to your cave and STFU, and perhaps stay the fu*k out of my business.

hey man, Id hate to piss you off terribly.. cause your spends to spend money on stupid therapy when it could towards more of your car parts!!

Chill the **** out.. you always flip out on people who dont agree with your opinion ( so I noticed in the Bush/Kerry threads ) and theres no need for it. You cry over the smallest things, so people like me will give you things to get all worked up about.. its a cycle

Naja Haje

Established Member
Dgussin1, You made it other peoples business several months ago when you stated that you were an authorized Whipple dealer. At the time REV was the only game in town. You have since jumped on the KB bandwagon and slammed all comers since.

SGL

Banned
99/01

Well, if it's of any comfort to the KB detractors, I installed the "puny" 6.5psi Kenne-Bell kit on my 99 cobra and it is 60~70rwhp down from what was advertised. With a pulley swap for an extra 2.5psi, I am still ~25rwhp down. Another customer with the same kit has the same problem. KB is unable to explain the problem or the source of it. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Naja Haje
Dgussin1, You made it other peoples business several months ago when you stated that you were an authorized Whipple dealer. At the time REV was the only game in town. You have since jumped on the KB bandwagon and slammed all comers since.
I was and still am a reseller for whipple. Rev was being an asshole and tried messing up my business. Then REM aquired the exclusive rights to the whipple charger and I couldnt even get one for myself. I wasnt going to give REM my business so I went KB.

I am by no means on any sort of KB bandwagon. I like the whipple, I don't think you will see anywhere in this post that says otherwise. I have said I think the centrifigal is a POS for the cobra, but thats it.

Man the internet is lame.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
This thread makes me want to not buy either. I agree with 03Sssnake. Perhaps I should look into the turbo. Better gas mileage and performance all around anyway. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread