Jim Cramer

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
I'm just wondering if any of you watch his show, have read his books, or followed his picks. Just wondering what you think of the guy. I just love the enthusiasm and the acting ability. But lets hear it.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
RookieBeotch said:
I'm just wondering if any of you watch his show, have read his books, or followed his picks. Just wondering what you think of the guy. I just love the enthusiasm and the acting ability. But lets hear it.

I watch him and do paper trades by what he says. I would NEVER trade real money by someone elses advice though. I just enjoy that he is entertaining and you learn something at the same time.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
he works in my building at 14 wall. very nice guy, much smaller (short and skinny) than he seems.

I don't love his stock advice, but occassionally he makes some valid points.

UCBeau

he's a different perspective, and i feel that's vital for any investor to get when seriously trying to make money in the financial markets.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I've noticed that if you closely watch stocks he encourages, their prices rise a little the next couple of days...

I've kept up with what he says, never bought stuff, but they all seem to be doing well...

50 Proof

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
I've noticed that if you closely watch stocks he encourages, their prices rise a little the next couple of days...

That's because he has such a strong influence on the stock market and there are a lot of morons who blindly buy what he recommends.

His advice should be followed if you only intend on holding stocks for the short term. If you are a long term buy and hold investor looking to buy a quality company, intend on holding the stock for several years or more through all the highs and lows, and plan on dollar cost averaging down when the stock price dips, than you should not follow Jim Cramer's advice. You also should not follow his advice if you do not plan on researching his recommendations before you buy them. When you buy a stock, you purchase a company. If you do not understand the business/company that you are buying, you probably shouldn't gamble your money away on what he says.

Last edited:

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
b-b-booooooyyaah.

nice stuttering boooo yah Euphoric One.

yeah i'm not master of the stock market so i feel like i'm learning a few things and being entertained while watching his show, and following some of his picks.

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
I watch his show, not as much as I used to. Stock prices rise, because many people instantly buy the stock he recommends, but the prices usually fall a few days later.

bchisom99

Established Member
50 Proof said:
That's because he has such a strong influence on the stock market and there are a lot of morons who blindly buy what he recommends.

His advice should be followed if you only intend on holding stocks for the short term. If you are a long term buy and hold investor looking to buy a quality company, intend on holding the stock for several years or more through all the highs and lows, and plan on dollar cost averaging down when the stock price dips, than you should not follow Jim Cramer's advice. You also should not follow his advice if you do not plan on researching his recommendations before you buy them. When you buy a stock, you purchase a company. If you do not understand the business/company that you are buying, you probably shouldn't gamble your money away on what he says.

This is 150% correct. Do you own research. I love the show, have only read his first book, guy has an AMAZING life story. However, I take his recommendations and do my own research on them. If I don't get it, or it's counter-intuitive to what I would normally think then I'll stay away. . .

Good jump off point for a few investor though if you do your homework. . .

chevysRslow

Established Member
This is 150% correct. Do you own research. I love the show, have only read his first book, guy has an AMAZING life story. However, I take his recommendations and do my own research on them. If I don't get it, or it's counter-intuitive to what I would normally think then I'll stay away. . .

Good jump off point for a few investor though if you do your homework. . .

agree !!!!

I like to find my own stocks. Then when/if I hear Cramer get behind them, I know I'm onto something. Favorites at the moment are:

- KNOT (up a lot, will probably correct a bit soon)
- AAPL (seems like an easy 30% by summer)
- SMDI (rapid growth, cheap but not in favor at moment)

Users who are viewing this thread