Jimmy Mac's Brake Seating How-To

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
"Burn up what's left of the stock tires and pads" Open Lapping at Gainesville Raceway (FL) - 3/27 :)

brakesfire3.jpg

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
Originally posted by Raging Rio
i didn't know there was racing at gainesville raceway this weekend........ damn!

nice pic :rockon:

Check over on www.clubcobra.com for "The Deep South Cobra Club" in the Regional forums. That's a site for cobras/cobra replicas. This was a group of about 20 guys mostly consisting of cobra replicas. The track is rented every 3 or 4 months. Should be another event this summer and one in October. Lots of fun.

BTW, that is actually fire you see in the pic. Some of the brake dust was igniting. If any of you guys push your car like this it WILL MOST DEFINITELY boil the stock fluid. I had Motul 600 in there and it didn't boil. I need to add cooling ducts when I swap the pads/rotors.

Jim

Last edited:

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
Originally posted by ShelbyGuy
thats not brake dust iginiting, thats your caliper dust boots igniting.

A couple of experienced road racer friends watched it spit flames from under the pad, forward, as the rotor spun. That's at a sharp hairpin and they were standing within about 30 feet.

Jim

maoun

Established Member
i know that feeling well...

and man, you need to get rid of that nose-dive during braking....hence my love for my griggs suspension :)

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
Originally posted by 03SVTCOBRA10TH
What brake set up will you be going with????

For now I'll just add cooling ducts, maybe slotted rotors, and pads. Probably Carbotech Panther plus. A friend is running a simliar setup and the car stops well. When my replica is done it will be the track car. But this car is a lot of fun to drive. It surprised a lot of the replica guys out there.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread