JL Ram Air-Is it better than just a filter?

J15BIG

Established Member
I have a 2001 Lightning and want ram air. I was looking at your kits and figured out that I want the ram air kit along with the powerstack filter. Which kit is right for me? The stage II or the stage IV? From what I can tell the difference between the two is that one is for the stock MAF and the other is for an aftermarket MAF. But the 2001 already have a 90mm MAF that most of the 99/00 guys are upgrading to as opposed to the 80mm one that I believe are in the 99/00. So basically, which kit should I get?

this is what I sent to JL. Do any of you guys know which kit I should get? I know a lot of you out there ar JDM fans, right now I am still nuetral but I will be deciding who I like after I get in contact with them all. The only reason I am going with JL right now is becuase of the ram air they have whcih JDM doesnt offer.

Has anyone had any experiences with the JL ram air kits? Good or bad results. I know you cant really dyno the improvements of ram air to get an exact horsepower rating but can anyone give ball park hp numbers that a ram air will give you as opposed to just a filter?

thanks for the info

kylightning

Established Member
j15big-
i put a jl stage 2 on my 01'
i am very happy with it-
i got about a lb more boost
you can hear the blower better
maybe alittle better on gas, but can't really keep my foot out of it to tell.
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread