JL ram air

00redbolt

Established Member
I just purchased JL ram air for a Pro-m. I have noticed a lot of the mods include this. Has anyone tested with and without JL ram air? if so, what was the results. I get a little spark knock when going up bridges in hot weather. I'm hoping the clean cooler air will help this problem. I thought about getting my chip re-burned to tame the timming a little(Super Chip), but they want an additional $125.00 dollars. Hell, a few dollars more I can get a JDM or diablo chip. Any Info? Thanks,

Lightnings Rule!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Umm, I have a pro m = Granatelli mass air for sale for that exact reason. Some of the mass airs mess with the timing and some don't . It is hard to get a chip to work with a vehical that has an aftermarket MAF. I have a 83mm Granatelli Factory Ford Machined to 87mm and flows more than the 2001 90mm,but it 's electronics change the timing and shouldn't be used with any chip except a custom Dyno tuned chip for the Maf. I have the 2001 90 mm with a JDM chip and have had no problems. The Calibration on the MAF is for a 98GT 5.0 but Granatelli sold it for the 99 L's. The Maf is as Good as a chip but the 90mm with a chip is far better, by 2lbs. boost 2mph or 2 tenths.
Larry
12.46 @107

Larry

Probably best to use the ram air in the cooler weather? Might be to much heat from the street. I use My JL Ram in the spring and will use it in the fall. Untill then I'll use the 90mm and a JDM warm weather program.
Larry
JDM

99svtlightning

Established Member
I use my JL ram air all year around, it shouldn't make a difference...the more air the better. I recommend, as well as most others, the 90mm Ford MAF. They work great on our trucks and flow real well.

00redbolt

Established Member
Hey,
I appreciate the info. I was starting to suspect my Mass Air, too. I think I'll go with the advice of a JDM Chip and a 90mm from a 2001 L. Does anyone know how to contack JDM? so I can work out a re-burn or purchase a New chip. Hopefully the JL Ram air will help out the need for more lightning speed...........

Flintstone

Established Member
00redbolt
phone number for JDM 1-732-780-0770
talking on phone i think is better than sending pm[private message] they will answer all your questions. with out the pm
going back and forth
dan

Users who are viewing this thread