JLP Shackles

99BlackL

Established Member
I currently have 2" shackles on my 99, and I am lookin to go a little lower. Would you guys reccomend JLP 4" shackles? I have read that some people have problems w/ traction and axle wrap. What do you guys suggest?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I have them and I don't feel or notice a difference. Then again I just got my box with my new JLP long bars today.:bash:

Tims97SVT

Established Member
How much can you lower the L without the need for traction bars? Some of us might not be able to lower are trucks much depending on where we go with them. If i lower mine much more then ill never get it in my driveway.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
Tims97SVT said:
How much can you lower the L without the need for traction bars? Some of us might not be able to lower are trucks much depending on where we go with them. If i lower mine much more then ill never get it in my driveway.

i dont know the answer to that one. mines not a driver, it only goes out on fri and sat nite. mines lowered alot, prolly close to 4-6 and my trac bars scrape every once in awhile if i get a big enough speed bump.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I'm at 3/5 drop, barely scrape. but then again I'm in florida where everything is flat.

Measured the bottom of the front JLP Bars shackle to the ground and I clear 1- 7/8"

As far as lowering and axle wrap. I'm probably wrong, but I was under the assumtion that it did not matter how much you lower your vehicle, it's how much power your putting to the rear wheels vs. your traction that causes wheel hop/axle wrap and eventually a broken drive shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread