JLT Carbon Fiber intake update...what's taking sooo long?

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Jay:

Great looking piece at a very affordable price! :-D

When you say a gain of 50-65 hp gain on stock, do you have any idea what can be expected for gains WITH a tune?

Keep us posted!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Tucker said:
The Shelby, as with the 05-up GT requires a tune adjustment along with any induction change. The JLT is no different. So far all testing has been done with SCT software, but any of the major brands will soon have JLT tune files as well.
Gains in the 50-65 RWHP over stock have been seen in testing. With more seat time behind the computer more is possible.

You would have to retune the computer to recongnize the new MAF size. This can not be a bolt on item with no tuning.

Tucker said:
Then do the math. 60+RWHP for $400 is $6.66 per HP.
Is this SCT tune with JLT CAI?

It would seem to me that it would be hard to compare JLT CAI to stock AB, and that you would have to compare SCT tune w/stock air box to SCT tune w/JLT CAI. That would produce a true JLT CAI Hp number?

Jay, How close is my thinking?

BTW, the design looks top notch :coolman:

Tucker

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Yes you must tune for the intake as with most any mod to this car.

In stock form the gains of intake & tune vs. tune only are not huge, but still there. We have not finished testing on a pullied car over stock, but this will be done soon. This is where the intake should shine.
Plus you can't go by other tuners are getting "xx" and you got "xx" You have to compair all data from the same car, same dyno with testing done the same day.

We did test on the same car tune vs. tune and CAI with good results. The thread was up a few weeks back, but the graphs are down.
I'll get them up here later. This is exactly what your asking wildthang, as we knew this was the differance we needed to report. I want to say it was about a 20 RWHP gain, but I don't have the sheets infront of me at the moment.

All comparisions need to be done on the same car, same day.

Some tuners are getting 40-45 and others are getting 50-60, so until these tuners get ahold of one of these and post there results were all just guessing.

Once you start swaping pulleys and exhaust you will need more air flow then the stock rubber inlet can allow. This will work good for all stages of mods, mild to wild.:rockon:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Tucker said:
I can assume you haven't been around the 05-up GT world, so take this lightly.
$400 for a intake is about the norm for other companies, but $400 for a real carbon fiber intake is very low.

Then do the math. 60+RWHP for $400 is $6.66 per HP. You need the tuner for most mods to this car so you can't use that in the equation. Even if you did X-2 ($380) + intake is $779,99. That's $12.99 per HP, but now you have a tuner that is needed for all other mods as well.

Seems like a great deal.
Thanks for your input
$50 for shipping and taxes?? Only VA customers pay tax anyway.

Thanks
Jay

Thanks for the reply. I have not been around 05 and up GT's so I'll take your word for it. I should have my GT500 after first of the year and will surely take a look at your CAI if it is competitive (from what I've read it most likely will be)!

Did you weigh your CAI vs. stock? It would be interesting to see what the difference is. :coolman:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Eta?

Jay:

I'm dying to get a kit for my car, any idea when these kits will be ready for shipping??:(

Tucker

We are expecting a box of parts today and will be sending out a email to all on our list (50+ at this point) when they will be shipping.
We hope to have kits shipping Tuesday/Wednsday.

Sorry for the delay, but were about there:)

Jay

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Tucker said:
We are expecting a box of parts today and will be sending out a email to all on our list (50+ at this point) when they will be shipping.
We hope to have kits shipping Tuesday/Wednsday.

Sorry for the delay, but were about there:)

Jay

Thanks for the quick response jay!

Looking forward to getting one soon!

Users who are viewing this thread