JLT Carbon Fiber intake update...what's taking sooo long?

Tucker

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop a note to update everyone on the progress of the intake.
Many of you are on our email update list for the Shelby, if your not, email us at [email protected] and request to get on the list. We try to send updates about every week or 2.

As most of you know we have a early proto type/hybrid set up on the Evolution Performance Shelby that has proved itself with being on the first Shelby in the 11's, 10's and soon 9's.

All there and our testing has brought many things to light, making this kit and car is different for sure. There has been many changes to the kit from the start, which means pushed back release dates. :(

At this point we are done testing and have all parts in production or done. Bodies are coming in slowly every week, the MAF housings are due in 2 weeks and the stock style PVC fittings are also due in 2 weeks or less. These little bastards have been a costly little thorn in the side. I wanted to make sure we could use the stock PCV hose to connect to the intake body. Well, nobody makes these new style fittings, so were cnc'ing them from billet for our own kit!

Here's a little about the kit:
Materials:
  1. All black silicon hose connections
  2. All stainless steel hose clamps
  3. Large hand laid carbon fiber body
  4. large CNC'd aluminum MAF housing that utilizes the stock MAF sensor (anodized black hard coat)
  5. S&B lifetime reusable Powerstack air filter
  6. stainless steel support bracket
  7. Heat shield will be coming soon
We will be also offering a cheaper "lower only" JLT package as well, to include:
  1. Large CNC'd aluminum MAF housing that utilizes the stock MAF sensor (anodized black hard coat)
  2. S&B lifetime reusable Powerstack air filter
  3. stainless steel support bracket
  4. Heat shield will be coming soon,

We tested several different MAF sizes to come up with the best size for the Shelby GT500. At this point as many all ready know the stock MAF size is large, but not large enough. When in stock form these cars are nearly maxed out as far as MAF range is concerned. This posed a great problem, as most any modification to the car would result in the MAF sensor reaching max volts of 5.0v. As we made larger and larger MAF housings the volts came down and we were able to use the stock sensor.
With the xxxmm MAF we can handle well into the horsepower limits of the Shelby's internals.

The Shelby, as with the 05-up GT requires a tune adjustment along with any induction change. The JLT is no different. So far all testing has been done with SCT software, but any of the major brands will soon have JLT tune files as well.
Gains in the 50-65 RWHP over stock have been seen in testing. With more seat time behind the computer more is possible.

Pricing will be VERY respectable with a retail price in the $399.99 ballpark for the complete kit. Were waiting on heat shield pricing, so this may go up slightly. Early units will go out without the shield, but it will be avaliable to these customers when there done.

I want to thank everyone involved and all who have been patiently waiting. It's been great to talk to all who have called.:beer:

Sorry for all the delays, but we want this to be right when it goes out.

Dave, I personally want to thank you for your understanding and patiance as well. You'll have a kit very soon. I just want it to be 100% I'll talk to you soon, stay warm :)

Jay

30383d1161345468-jlt-carbon-fiber-intake-update-whats-taking-sooo-long-tn_pipe-066.jpg

30384d1161345610-jlt-carbon-fiber-intake-update-whats-taking-sooo-long-tn_pipe-069.jpg

30385d1161345610-jlt-carbon-fiber-intake-update-whats-taking-sooo-long-tn_pipe-071.jpg

30386d1161345610-jlt-carbon-fiber-intake-update-whats-taking-sooo-long-tn_pipe-075.jpg

30387d1161345610-jlt-carbon-fiber-intake-update-whats-taking-sooo-long-tn_pipe-

wildosvt04

Established Member
MY GOD that is a work of art!

When my time comes (spring time or sooner), I have no other CAI in my mind.

Thanks for the update.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
$400 for an intake? $450 after taxes and shipping. $850 because you need a tune with it. Wow.

Great looking piece though.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
capnkirk52 said:
$400 for an intake? $450 after taxes and shipping. $850 because you need a tune with it. Wow.

I am sure that the people paying $45K ++ will not be worried to much about it costing $450.00. If it works as good as it is said to, then it will be worth every penny. Plus it is CF, and that is not cheap by any standard.

Tucker

capnkirk52 said:

I can assume you haven't been around the 05-up GT world, so take this lightly.
$400 for a intake is about the norm for other companies, but $400 for a real carbon fiber intake is very low.

Then do the math. 60+RWHP for $400 is $6.66 per HP. You need the tuner for most mods to this car so you can't use that in the equation. Even if you did X-2 ($380) + intake is $779,99. That's $12.99 per HP, but now you have a tuner that is needed for all other mods as well.

Seems like a great deal.
Thanks for your input
$50 for shipping and taxes?? Only VA customers pay tax anyway.

Thanks

Jay

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Tucker said:
I can assume you haven't been around the 05-up GT world, so take this lightly.
$400 for a intake is about the norm for other companies, but $400 for a real carbon fiber intake is very low.

Then do the math. 60+RWHP for $400 is $6.66 per HP. You need the tuner for most mods to this car so you can't use that in the equation. Even if you did X-2 ($380) + intake is $779,99. That's $12.99 per HP, but now you have a tuner that is needed for all other mods as well.

Seems like a great deal.
Thanks for your input
$50 for shipping and taxes?? Only VA customers pay tax anyway.

Thanks

Jay

Yep, and if I had a 500 I would be on the preorder list right now. :beer:

2k1cobra

Established Member
just wondering, but why did you decide to go carbon fiber this time around and not the same material from the terminator CAI's? Looks like a nice piece BTW.:thumbsup:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
good talking to you Jay. I look forward to hearing from you again next week. 10's in 2 weeks people!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Jay:

Great looking piece at a very affordable price! :-D

When you say a gain of 50-65 hp gain on stock, do you have any idea what can be expected for gains WITH a tune?

Keep us posted!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

SVECobraR

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Jay:

Great looking piece at a very affordable price! :-D

When you say a gain of 50-65 hp gain on stock, do you have any idea what can be expected for gains WITH a tune?

Keep us posted!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

isn't that with the tune?

Users who are viewing this thread