JLT cold air kits . . .

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
About to order a JLT cold air kit. Question though . . . on the site it says there is an optional MAF adaptor and also an optional UPR bigmouth filter. Do these help out the performance? If they are going to add any more power i would like them . What exactly is this MAF adaptor?

:??:

J15BIG

Established Member
if you dont already have an MAF adaptor and a filter (which you probably dont) then you will need to buy them. the kit does not include a filter or adaptor and you will need both in order to use the kit...

poppakap

The Anti Rice
Established Member
I sure want to order the JLT as well. So if you don't have a filter to use you need to buy one and it would be easiest to buy it from Tucker.

Does anyone have an opinion on the different filters offered on the JLT website- UPR (6.5 inch?) vs. 7" Pro-M vs. 9". I can't imagine that it matters very much for performance.

jleews6

Established Member
I went ahead and got the complete deal from Jay including the Filter and the adapter. You will be very happy with the fit and finish of the kit.I went with the silver to match the blower and it looks like a factory piece.I also noticed a big power increase.

TRBO VNM

the adapter is used to bolt to the MAF. It is required if you are using your stock MAF. If you don't have a filter, get it from him.

And get the UPR one. They others will give you problems with clearances with the stock MAF. I even trimmed the flange on the UPR one. There is so much oil or whatever used in the mold alcohol didn't get rid of the slickness. So to aid in install I decided to trim the part off with the grooves in it, then sanded the interior and exterior of the flange where the clamp was going to go just to make sure the clamp wouldn't slip(had this happen with other filters).

Anyway, it is great and works flawless.

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
I also have a question- is it superior to the Denscharger or Steeda (the two I have narrowed my choice of CAI to)?

TRBO VNM

Tucker(jay) tested it against the Denscharger and it did male more power. I am not sure if he tested it against the steeda, but I think others have.

Does the steeda use the factory tube from the MAF to the TB? If so, I can almost guarantee you will make more power with the JLT. The JLT is a 4 inch ID from MAF to TB. Plus it is made from PVC so it stays cooler than any metal pipe out there.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by mwaull
anyone else?

I don't understand the problem? It is pretty simple. are you running the stock MAF? If so, you need the adapter...no other way around it.

Do you have a cone filter? If so, what size? Needs to be 4" ID flange and should be no more than 6" filter length. If you odn't have it, then you need it.

These are required for the kit to work. Whether you get it from Jay which I think he offers at his cost and doesn't make money on them, or you have to get it from somewhere else.

Since they are part of the kit, you can't say if there is no performance gain I don't want them...it doesn't work like that. There is a performance gain with the whole kit. Get the whole kit, install it and be done with it and happy.

TRBO VNM

wow . . . aight buddy i was just asking for more comments on the kit. Chill . . .

sorry, not jumping down your back or anything. The questions you asked were answered so I didn't understand what other feedback you wanted.

Now, as far as the kit comments. I think it is great. I got the pulley cover painted as well and the match and color addition to the engine bay is awesome. Then the preformance is great as well. I picked up a # of boost which most others have as well. The install does require patience for your first time, but relax and give it time. There are some tips which if you search modular fords you should be good to go. Some long threads, but well worth the read. I need to get going so I can't get into much detail now. really the big tips are covering the fender opening edges so you don't scratch the pipe.

Definitely a nice quality kit. also I would put a small piece of velcro on the valve cover. my pipe rubs the cover just a little and Jay recommends the velcro.

other than that, you can't go wrong.

TRBO VNM

sweet. . . . now that is what i was lookin for. Thanks 03redfiresnk

hey no problem. just didn't see you ask that question yet...good deal. if you get it and need any help, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread