JLT Intake question

09 gt500

Established Member
I just picked up a 13tvs and i was wondering with a 2.4 pulley and 65mm cj throttle body. Would my 110mm JLT be worth upgrading to the 123mm or even the 127mm. Would the 110 maf be pegged with this extra power?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I saw a significant increase in rwhp with the 127mm over the 110mm with my 2013 TVS. The 110mm JLT was maxed - I also have a 2.4 pulley and 72mm TB.

kwiksilver

Established Member
EVASIVE.
How much power are you making with the 13 TVS and that setup?
All this talk about Cat's blowing with higer boost apps,,you have any problems with them?
sounds like a good setup.Who did the tune?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sorry, didn't pay attention to the post.

My numbers are in my sig - 650rwhp and 630rwtq. I posted some quick pics on my blog - www.2008GT500.blogspot.com I'll have more pics up this weekend when I am back in town and will post up more details.I'll try to post up a build thread here as well.

Power By The Hour did the install. They'll have a build thread up on their new website once it is done. Van, Lethal, JLT, and several others helped significantly when I was buying parts and througout the build at PBH. Without their advice, my build would not have been nearly as well thought out nor the car as enjoyable to drive.

Jon Lund with Ken Bjonnes did the dyno tuning. They did my tune a few years ago as well. I saw about a 37+ rwhp difference with the 127mm JLT because the 110mm JLT CAI was pegged and done at 4500 rpm.

I'm not having any problems with my cats. I saw what was happening to others so I just went with an offroad X to avoid any issues. It's the 3" JBA SuperSnake system from Shelby.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread