JLT intake tube with K&N FIPK shield

nsf93

Established Member
Has anyone combined the JLT gen II short ram intake tube with the K&N FIPK filter and shield? I've come across a few threads about this but no one has posted any pictures of successfully doing it. If anybody has this set up could you post up some pics and give any advice on making it work?

GodStang

Established Member
The S&B filter that comes with the JLT is a much better filter. Using the shield may gain you a little but not much.

nsf93

Established Member
Any reason you don't just run the jlt heat shield?
I already have the K&N intake on the car right now but i would like to replace the stock intake tube with something that looks nicer. Plus I like the heat shield and open filter design of the K&N. And you can buy just an upgrade kit to get only the JLT tube and couplings. Just trying to see if it will work before spending the money.

cj428mach

Established Member
I already have the K&N intake on the car right now but i would like to replace the stock intake tube with something that looks nicer. Plus I like the heat shield and open filter design of the K&N. And you can buy just an upgrade kit to get only the JLT tube and couplings. Just trying to see if it will work before spending the money.

The JLT heat shield just covers the top and side of the filter, the fenderwell and bottom are open. The upgrade kit from JLT includes the heat shield anyways.

Best of luck with your project.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
It has been done before but you'd have to do some digging with the new format to find some of the old threads. I don't remember there being much involved. Hissman had this set up back in the day when he had his Torch Red coupe. I believe he now goes by Crusifix as a screen name now so you may want to PM him to see if he can recall any major modifications needed.

Users who are viewing this thread