JLT Next Gen CAI

Sick03Vert

Banned
Has anybody tried the new JLT Next Gen CAI?

I have been putting off buying a CAI bc I have never really seen the power gains they claim to make on my past Mustangs. Ordered this JLT after debating the BBK setup. Had a BBK on my 99 GT. Looked good, but scratched if you just looked at it and required alot of polishing. So I went with the flat black this go.

Anyway, just wondering what experiences some of you may of had with JLT products.

Thanks.:beer:

TRBO VNM

Most of the experiences with the past kits have been good results and looks, but some people had fitment issues. So he released the next gen and so far those that have them appear very pleased and they are showing good gains. If he releases one with a slot style MAF adapter I will pick one up.

there is a decent thread in terminator talk about the next gen intake with dyno graphs and info from other users.

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Most of the experiences with the past kits have been good results and looks, but some people had fitment issues. So he released the next gen and so far those that have them appear very pleased and they are showing good gains. If he releases one with a slot style MAF adapter I will pick one up.

there is a decent thread in terminator talk about the next gen intake with dyno graphs and info from other users.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up! :beer:

cbarile

Established Member
Th ups man just delivered the 12 inch jlt High flow next gen kit to my house and am having the car dynoed in morning. I have the steeda cai and 2.3 whipple, after reading all the gains people are getting I decided to get on board. I will post my numbers after the dyno.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Th ups man just delivered the 12 inch jlt High flow next gen kit to my house and am having the car dynoed in morning. I have the steeda cai and 2.3 whipple, after reading all the gains people are getting I decided to get on board. I will post my numbers after the dyno.

Nice , where in Florida and who's tuning it ??

SVTDice

Established Member
I've heard great things about them, and pretty solid numbers to back them up. I'm contempting on getting one. Its a nice kit.

wesking1

Established Member

Would like to see the difference in the 2 post before and after numbers

Sick03Vert

Banned
Well I installed the intake this weekend. What a true PITA! :cuss:

I've never had to break out the jackstands for an intake before...talk about a tight fit! Was not what I would consider an easy install.

I can tell a bit of difference over the stock intake so I can not say it doesn't make a difference.

Of course, being flat black, its in no way a showpiece. But I also don't have to polish it, which was the goal.:-D

All in all, I would do it again. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread