JLT oil separator ordered.

Mapdog

Established Member
I thought the guys at JLT did a great job in doing a little research to improve their product. Also after what we spent for the car, the wife doesn't want to spend more money on it. I'm just a retired military dude. She won't bat an eye at $113 bucks. I have 304 miles on my 2013 so far, I hope the intercooler is not already ruined. :rolling:

TORQJNKY

Great product and great mod...which is why I use them on my own 2013 GT500 and sell these in my online store :rockon:. You absolutely can't beat them for ease of install and OEM quality/look.

Here's how easy they are to install. Passenger and drivers side JLT oil separators installed in less then 20 seconds. You can hear my 2yr old son go, Vroom Vroom! in the background when I'm done :D

[youtube_browser]ot2p7TFrD4o[/youtube_browser]

Breitling

Established Member
I'll be ordering my JLT oil separator very soon from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets.

Looks a little easier than putting on headers. :D

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
What I like about it is the ability to check it when you fill up the tank.

So when you stop and get gas, It also gives you a reason to open the hood to show everyone what you got.

This also is a prime time to check the ENGINE OIL!! Something I rarely ever do.

John

Mapdog

Established Member
Great product and great mod...which is why I use them on my own 2013 GT500 and sell these in my online store :rockon:. You absolutely can't beat them for ease of install and OEM quality/look.

Here's how easy they are to install. Passenger and drivers side JLT oil separators installed in less then 20 seconds. You can hear my 2yr old son go, Vroom Vroom! in the background when I'm done :D

[youtube_browser]ot2p7TFrD4o[/youtube_browser]

Craig, I just discovered your website. Good to know if I ever move back to Virginia. That's where I was stationed all 26 years of my career (ABHCS).

TORQJNKY

Craig, I just discovered your website. Good to know if I ever move back to Virginia. That's where I was stationed all 26 years of my career (ABHCS).

Awesome! I've spent most of my 26yr career (Prior Enlisted Sub ET, now LDO-LCDR) in VA as well. Looking at retiring next July. Enjoy your new hot rod! :beer:

Last edited:

Mapdog

Established Member
Awesome! I've spent most of my 26yr career (Prior Enlisted Sub ET, now LDO-LCDR) in VA as well. Looking at retiring next July. Enjoy your new hot rod! :beer:

Congratulations on a great career and thanks for your service. Is the stuff you see on your website for the 2013, stuff that you feel works best with these cars?

TORQJNKY

Congratulations on a great career and thanks for your service. Is the stuff you see on your website for the 2013, stuff that you feel works best with these cars?

Thanks. I sell various products on my website for 87 and up Mustangs and there are JLT and Redline Tuning products specific to the 2013-14 GT500's. I sell JLT and Redline because, IMO, they are the best performing intakes and hood struts available on the market, but that's not to say others haven't had good results with other products as well. As I get closer to my retirement date, I am slowly expanding my business to make more quality performance products available on my website. :beer:

Mapdog

Established Member
Well, I was going to wait till the car gets uncovered in a few weeks but I decided to pull it back to get under the hood. It took me about 30 seconds to install my JLT passenger side. 25 seconds of that was looking at the engine, saying, "Man, JLT made this easy."

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
TORQJNKY I just have to know who's ass that is in your sig. It's driving me nuts!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Good install. I am running a Bob's. Regardless of the design, it has definitely been proven some sort of separator is needed.

And don't worry about damage. There are guys with 10,000 and more miles with no separator and their motors are fine.

Tom

BahnRunner

Established Member
I thought the guys at JLT did a great job in doing a little research to improve their product. Also after what we spent for the car, the wife doesn't want to spend more money on it. I'm just a retired military dude. She won't bat an eye at $113 bucks. I have 304 miles on my 2013 so far, I hope the intercooler is not already ruined. :rolling:

Where did you buy them from? We need two for our cars right? So $113 each side? I was going to leave my car bone stock but if this is something that will prevent damage in the future I will definitley get them.

Tucker

Thank you sir, you will be happy. :beer:

JeremyR

Established Member
Where did you buy them from? We need two for our cars right? So $113 each side? I was going to leave my car bone stock but if this is something that will prevent damage in the future I will definitley get them.

Follow the link in the bottom of Trqjnky's sig thats his website he sells them. And you dont really need a seperator on the drivers side only the passenger side. You can put one on if u want but from pretty much everyone ive seen the drivers side doesnt catch any oil.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Here's my testimony after installing and running a couple hundred miles with the JLT Oil Separator. WOW! I had no idea about the amount of oil that was misting into my supercharger. I am thoroughly pleased that I bought one and at the same time thoroughly disgusted I waited so long. If anybody is on the fence about getting an oil separator then get off now. Bobs, JLT...just do it for your motors sake.

Tucker

Here's my testimony after installing and running a couple hundred miles with the JLT Oil Separator. WOW! I had no idea about the amount of oil that was misting into my supercharger. I am thoroughly pleased that I bought one and at the same time thoroughly disgusted I waited so long. If anybody is on the fence about getting an oil separator then get off now. Bobs, JLT...just do it for your motors sake.

Awesome, thank you :beer:

BahnRunner

Established Member
I know I have said in this forum that I will leave my car stock for a while. I just bought one of these today from JLT. I figure this is more of a need than a want. I watched all the videos online and reviews. Seems like a great product. Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread