JLT Oil Separators - upgraded filter versus 3.0

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
After running a JLT passenger side oil separator with upgraded filter for nearly 3 years with great results, I decided to purchase the newly released 3.0 version for my GT500 with the intent of conducting a head-to-head comparison of the two filter systems on my car, just to see if JLT had indeed improved their product. Well, after 1000 street miles of testing with each, the results are in!!! I ran Amsoil Signature Series 0W-40 motor oil with the stock 192*F thermostat and a CFM baffled valve cover breather for the duration of comparison testing with no other changes to the car other than swapping out the oil separators.

With the previous version oil separator, I accumulated slightly less than ½ fluid ounce of oil. In the same number of miles and similar driving conditions, I accumulated slightly more than ½ fluid ounce of oil with the 3.0 version, which is that much more oil not being re-circulated through my supercharger and intercooler. Between the new multi-stage filter system and increased holding capacity, the JLT 3.0 oil separator is a win-win… and finish and fitment are perfect on my Whippled 2008!

JLT Oil Separator with upgraded filter and oil accumulation after 1000 street miles:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
JLT 3.0 Oil Separator with multi-stage filter system and oil accumulation after 1000 street miles:

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
For a better visual, the amount above the yellow line is the difference between the two samples collected:

9.jpg

mikes35

Established Member
Good info, I've been considering buying one of these for my newly acquired 2008. Thanks for the write up!

blue 07

Established Member
Looking to add an oil separator to my 2013 GT500, thanks for the write up.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Thanks for taking the time for the write up and pics. I have the older version with the updated screen. Maybe it's just me but idk if that tiny bit is enough to justify spending another 130 to upgrade.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for taking the time for the write up and pics. I have the older version with the updated screen. Maybe it's just me but idk if that tiny bit is enough to justify spending another 130 to upgrade.

No problem. True, the additional cost to upgrade may not be justifiable to those already utilizing some type of oil separator that is working well for them. I just wanted to get the information out there about the products that I have experience with so people can make informed decisions based on valid and repeatable data, instead of just opinion.

I have worked on a few projects this year with fellow forum members, some public and some private. It’s amazing what you can learn about these cars by sharing and comparing information about different setups to come up with solutions to problems that plague our community.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
i have mine sitting a shelf and replaced it with a UPR unit as mine didn't catch anything, new UPR is amazing far superior to the 3.0

Seems to work great for others. It also seems like you go out of your way to bash JLT, for no reason. You ripped them for their splash guards too.

Looks like this unit works even better than the previous designs. I have one sitting on my shelf, that is not for sale, and needs to be installed before the driving season starts up again!

TVS VERT

Established Member
Good for you....Glad your Happy.....My Oil Inducer (not a typo)will be for sale shortly....Im upgraded to the UPR unit after i seen my intercooler after a blower swap

Users who are viewing this thread