JLT or K&N FIPK

04asp

Established Member
Has anyone tried both the JLT CAI and the K&N FIPK ? I need to upgrade my intake. My Densecharger is just not cutting it. I am considering the JLT and K&N. If anybody has tried both which one would you recommend ? All suggestions welcomed.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
I have not tried the k&n but I do have the jlt rai. and I love it. I saw a jlt cai the other day on a comp orange and it had the flame job, makes me wanna trade to a the cai and get flamed, thing just looked sick.

Bullitt4110

Established Member
The JLT looks a lot better, but I have the K&N because it has a E.O./CARB number for emissions and they are really craking down on illegal cars where I live so I need to be legal. Already got busted once.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Have used both, JLT shows lower IAT's so I'm sticking with that.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Can someone post pictures of an installed JLT? I am considering the FIPK first, but if the JLT is worth it, I'll go with that.

4.6modular

The Learning SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm about to test my vehicle in the next day. I will post results with IAT-2 temps. I went with the 12inch high boost kit.

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
Does JLT make anything other then fenderwall? I am in Fla, looking at an intake either JLT or K&N, but I do NOT want a fenderwall with all of our rain... Last thing I want to do is Hydrolock my engine

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
I have used both and to tell you the truth i like the fipk better. For track reasons only though! With the fipk i was able to take the head light out and i was getting a ton of air going into that filter. With the jlt you barley get any air. I did make a little bit more hp with the jlt though on the dyno, but on the street i think i would make more with the fipk.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
ive run in the rain with the driving light removed and the inner fender liner out. you wont hydro-lock your engine with a fenderwell air cleaner.

i ran the original fipk1, the fipk2 and switched to the jlt and never looked back.

you get plenty of air with the jlt, and the iat2 temps will be more consistent since its not gulping in hot air from the engine compartment. the jtl also flows much more air than the factory corrugated elbow.

the key to the fipk2 is the magical velocity doughnut exploiting the bernoulli principle. nothing more.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
4.6modular said:
I'm about to test my vehicle in the next day. I will post results with IAT-2 temps. I went with the 12inch high boost kit.

Not to hijack this thread, but what do you mean by the -2 ? I know IAT(Intake Air Temp) but what is the -2 at the end?

goodquest

Established Member
Bullitt4110 said:
The JLT looks a lot better, but I have the K&N because it has a E.O./CARB number for emissions and they are really craking down on illegal cars where I live so I need to be legal. Already got busted once.

+1

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
04CobraMatt said:
Not to hijack this thread, but what do you mean by the -2 ? I know IAT(Intake Air Temp) but what is the -2 at the end?

There are two IAT's in the 03/04 Cobra sensor system. The first is before the blower and the second is after the intercooler. The IAT-2 temps refer to the temps after the intercooler and the temps that are actually going into the cylinder. They are the important temps because they are the ones the computer uses to retard timing based on intake temps. If that shows cooler temps, the computer will not pull as much timing which is an added bonus to a good CAI. Not only do you get more efficient air flow, but you get the timing from the colder, denser air also.

Users who are viewing this thread