JLT RAI 12' (with pics)

Hye

Established Member
This was a two day project for me because of the fact that I had to make a few trips to home depot for dremel tool accessories, but I got this puppy on nontheless. Took me a little more effort/time than I thought it was going to be, but all in all not bad.

I'm actually going to purchase a new coupler (the one attached to the throttle body) because I feel that I might be able to get away with an uncut one on the car. I cut this one up in the pic, though I didnt think it was necessary, just as long as the silver pipe was cut down enough. I took a good 2' off that pipe, atleast 1' that faces the throttle body and maybe an 1'- 1 1/4 off the front of the pipe that faces towards the bumper. I did have to relocate one of the sensors on the silver pipe, not the iat sensor, but the one next to it (i know its not a sensor, an air hole i guess)

With a few bends and twists, this was the result.

I'm going to take her out for a drive now, see how she likes the new 12' powerstack :burnout: :burnout:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Looks good man...Especially w/ that Whipple sitting next to it! I always wondered how ya'll got that big thing to fit in there.

Hye

Established Member
Slow03Cobra said:
Looks good man...Especially w/ that Whipple sitting next to it! I always wondered how ya'll got that big thing to fit in there.

It takes a little work, finess, and some foul language, lots of it actually. :rollseyes :D

I just got back from a ride, I can definitely feel a difference, the initial stab at wot the car just feels peppier, gets up and goes much quicker. Atleast the modded carrera s next to me thought so :D

IMO, anyone pushing #17 plus with a whipple (maybe even less) would benefit from a filter like this. Correct me if i'm wrong, it's the same size filter that the L guys are putting on their trucks as aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread