JLT RAI Install

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I finally got my RAI installed today, and I thought this was supposed to be the easy one to do.:fm:

Everything bolted together nicely, but when I first put the elbow on, everything was way too long. The filter was jammed into the core support and I still wasn't close to mounting it on the throttle body.

So I had to trim a lot of the elbow so I could get past the breather tube.

Am I the only one who has had this problem? Or did I do something wrong? :shrug:

dog-500-50.jpg

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I did no trimming on mine and even got the heat shield on. Not going to lie I fought with it a good while to adjust all the rubber couplers to fit just right, but it fits.

also in comparison putting a cat back on these cars, the exhaust is like 10x easier than installing the RAI the first time. Now that it is all adjusted though I can pull mine out and put it back on in a mater of a few minutes.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Is your filter mashed up against the core support at all? Once I trimmed it back some I have about an inch of clearance all around the filter now. I got the heat shield to fit alright too.

Factor

Established Member
I had the same problem, but instead of cutting anything I replaced the JLT filter with a K&N filter. The K&N filter was about 2 inches shorter so it fit right in.

Danman333

Established Member
ha thats really funny i just installed mine 2 days ago and ran into the same problem. I searched around to see if anyone has the same problem but didn't really find anything.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Mine is tight against the front but I didn't have to cut anything. I did however have to ditch the airshield. That stupid piece didn't stand a chance in hell fitting.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
YUP the fit absolutely SUCKS!! I run breathers so I removed the air inlet tube fitting so I could push the glossy black cylinder piece farther up the rubber elbow so the filter would fit, it was the only way! JLT needs to do a revision with the 99-01 Kit!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread