JMS FuelMax Voltage

gqneon

Established Member
I thought I posted this from my phone, but I guess it didn't go.

Is anyone running a 2015 Mustang GT with a JMS FuelMax pump booster that has it set to run 18v all the time? Just curious as to whether its a good idea or not. I was reading up and a couple places including Kenne Bell say that the increased voltage will increase the pump life as well as provide more fuel all the time.

Just curious as to what settings anyone is using for activation point voltage and what voltage you're boosting to. Please list below if you don't mind! This might serve others well down the road.

Also - if you know of a fuel pump fuse, and its location (other than the 30A fuel pump relay clear top 30A circuit breaker), please post that too, because I sure can't find one.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Increased voltage will shorten to fuel pump life in general, that's why the extra voltage is only sent to the pump as needed.

gqneon

Established Member
I thought that initially, but if your read Kenne Belles tech write up and the science someone broke down on it, the argument was that a motor operates more efficiently with less current at higher voltage and with reduced heat, therefore flowing more, making less heat, and having about a 2.25x longer service life. I don't know, though, so I was curious what others experiences might be. Some BAP just run 17-18v all the time it looks like, especially on the 11-14. I've never had a Mustang or a BAP though so if like to hear of anyone had issues with theirs run full time, too.

Last edited:

Systematic

Established Member
I thought I posted this from my phone, but I guess it didn't go.

Is anyone running a 2015 Mustang GT with a JMS FuelMax pump booster that has it set to run 18v all the time? Just curious as to whether its a good idea or not. I was reading up and a couple places including Kenne Bell say that the increased voltage will increase the pump life as well as provide more fuel all the time.

Just curious as to what settings anyone is using for activation point voltage and what voltage you're boosting to. Please list below if you don't mind! This might serve others well down the road.

Also - if you know of a fuel pump fuse, and its location (other than the 30A fuel pump relay clear top 30A circuit breaker), please post that too, because I sure can't find one.

You do not need to ugprade the fuse on the 2015, it is already 30A. I set mine to 22v since I'm running a ton of boost and E85. I use my pedal activation switch set to 2.5v or about half pedal.

gqneon

Established Member
You do not need to ugprade the fuse on the 2015, it is already 30A. I set mine to 22v since I'm running a ton of boost and E85. I use my pedal activation switch set to 2.5v or about half pedal.
Thanks! Got a couple spare fuses and an FPDM just in case but I think it's pretty safe at 18v when it's only intermittent activation.

Edited: it accidentally read "unsafe," instead of "its pretty safe." Confusing before, my bad.

Last edited:

Systematic

Established Member
Thanks! Got a couple spare fuses and an FPDM just in case but I think unsafe at 18v when it's only intermittent activation.

Been running mine off the pedal intermittently for months, no issues at 22v.

Users who are viewing this thread