Job Trouble...

So I go to lunch with my boss and the 2 other supervisors and he says we are operating over cost and we need to do something to reduce payroll costs.

Here are our options:

1. Everybody's pay is reduced by 10% and get every other Friday off.

2. Lay off 3 people.

I choose #2 - I can't afford my salary to be reduced!!! Lay off 3 people, I know it sounds selfish but I know it won't be me getting laid off.

We're having a meeting tomorrow with the whole company to discuss and he will make the final decision. :nonono: :( :??:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Gotta look out for # 1. Sad but true. I would have chosen the second option as well.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
when people get laid off, it's dog eat dog.

I know it sounds selfish, but you have to remember that you are there to make a living for your own self.

It's a bittersweet deal if you know what I mean.

Good luck & keep us updated.

AAG

Established Member
The situation sucks but I would choose #2 as well if I knew I wasn't at risk. If I got a reduction in my pay rate I wouldn't be too happy...

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
I really don't mean this offensively, but are you serious when you say that you CAN'T afford a 10% pay cut? If that is the case, then you may want to consider changing some priorities.

I really don't mean this offensively, but are you serious when you say that you CAN'T afford a 10% pay cut? If that is the case, then you may want to consider changing some priorities.

OK fine, I don't want a 10% pay cut and I don't think I should have to take one to save someone else's job. :shrug:

SpectorV

Established Member
how about the guys that make all the money take a cut ... im betting their bottom line wont be touched while yours are slashed :)

aaandht

Established Member

I was thinking the same thing.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
OK fine, I don't want a 10% pay cut and I don't think I should have to take one to save someone else's job. :shrug:

Of course you don't have to. That is certainly your prerogative. Personally, I would gladly take a 10% pay-cut if it meant saving a few co-workers' jobs (provided I personally felt that said co-workers were worthy of hold those jobs). That is MY conscience though, not yours.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Lay off teh 3 peoplez

Why dont the top dogs in the company take a pay cut?

Users who are viewing this thread