Johnny's Twin turbo 04 build

cyclegrip

Established Member
If you are planning it to be mostly a street car, I would ditch the Sullivan combo and go with a '99/'01 manifold. I have the Sullivan and my friend has an '01 manifold TT setup, his is much more fun from a stoplight than mine. Of course there are other variables since he has different turbos and a stroker setup, but I think due to the vast difference in response it has to be mostly the intake.

Not to hijack a thread but maybe this will answer a question or 2
Can you run the same fuel rails that you were running on the 03/04 intake as the 99/01 intake? Or do you need 99/01 fuel rails?

Venomous 03

Established Member
Not to hijack a thread but maybe this will answer a question or 2
Can you run the same fuel rails that you were running on the 03/04 intake as the 99/01 intake? Or do you need 99/01 fuel rails?

Fuel rails will work.
And to the OP.
Depends what you want your Powerband to look like.
01 cobra has awesome low end but power falls on its face at 6200+ rpm
And with the sully,the power is already on its face and doesnt kick in till alot later than the 01 cobra intake

fastmach01

Cammed Mach FTW
Established Member
Hey man good luck. I just put twins on my mach. I believe I sold you a borla catback last winter. If you need help shoot me a PM. I also did cg fab tt with 6266 turbos

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Well little update on the build. Motor is almost done still waiting on heads to come back. I sold the t56 and got a great deal on a th400 with a gear vendors od. I'll post some pics soon hopefully will be on the Dyno for Christmas

Mystic03

Established Member
kept stock rad..but got a slimfan..still debating how to route the cooling lines since im dumping the DP out the bumper

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Nice... More and more parts showing up daily. Really didn't realize how extensive doing this build is but there's no turning back now

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Funny looking six speed goin in.!

3C5E5FB9-07E2-41AF-B9A8-95C98A2C7B4F_zps521bkg82.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread