Joined the Darkside!

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Last week I drove up to NC and traded in a Grabber Blue Boss 302 for a Machine Silver 2006 Corvette C6 Z06!!! I am in love with my Z. Everything is like being in a different world with the Z. The handling, braking, POWER, and the interior! I have the 2LT with two-tone seats and NAV. Driving the Z06 is like driving a race car. She handles better than my mustang race car on R Comp tires!

On the way back I stopped by my grandparents house for dinner and took a picture with my grandma’s Silver GT. I then came on home. The Z was in Wilson, NC and my grandparents are in the Four Oaks area. I then made the 2 1/2 hour thrill ride back to Sumter. On the way home I was given the bird by an FRS/BRZ, I guess he did not like a C6Z purring by at 80 MPH? Lol, it was a weird situation. Anyway, I made it home and now to decorate the garage with Z06 banners and posters!

As for the last picture, you can barely tell but the vinyl is carbon weave. That is the only reason the vinyl is staying lol, once it gets messed up it is all coming off! I also will be blacking out the front emblem due to oxidation and I want to haha.

At at the end of the month I will be going HCI and have yet to order anything.

3ccbf99f3bb531df6981ca9d1a898a48.jpg
bfb5c1e0d84447767989f096dc931f07.jpg
349c63b628e7e171ae4c0ebec6912744.jpg
c6352c8bf667c169084997f85098c752.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man, I have been wanting one and was able to finally strike a deal I liked. I love my Z and cannot wait to go HCI!
Yeah, that will be beastly man. How many miles on the Z06?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
60k, I intend to drive her until she falls apart unlike the Boss, which sat collecting dust in hopes that she would appreciate if I kept the miles off lol.
It'll handle it no problem. Keep us posted!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Congrats! I had a C6Z myself before my Boss. They are incredible cars. Enjoy it!
Definitely do the heads ASAP. I would consider replacing the heads if you can. My buddies C6Z developed a valvetrain issue after supposedly being “fixed”. But he was running a pretty stout cam set up.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! I had a C6Z myself before my Boss. They are incredible cars. Enjoy it!
Definitely do the heads ASAP. I would consider replacing the heads if you can. My buddies C6Z developed a valvetrain issue after supposedly being “fixed”. But he was running a pretty stout cam set up.
Agreed. Buddy just bought a 08 z06, after a few weeks of owning it he blew the motor. Sounds like it was a dropped valve or something like that.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bigdave03svt

Established Member
Seems like there's a new post once a week about a new vette owner! Nice ride OP. I'm partial to the Z's myself! FYI if you get the tire jump/chatter when turning tight at slow speed, that's normal! It's called the Ackermann effect! Cold weather and sticky tires makes it much worse!

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Nice choice, I loved my '06 DSOM Z and miss it a lot.

Thank you! DSOM is a pretty color, I would definitely miss it! Grabber Blue is a pretty color as well that was on the Boss, since I picked up the Z I have not thought about the Boss!

Can't go wrong with a C6Z, congrats.

Thanks man! I love this car!

I think I remember reading your C6Z vs Boss thread before I even purchased my Boss. I was set on Boss at the time because of warranty. If it were not for that I would of probably went C6Z. Why exactly did you switch?

I am planning on CAI, custom cam, AI ported/fixed heads, and LT headers at the end of the month or beginning of April!

Agreed. Buddy just bought a 08 z06, after a few weeks of owning it he blew the motor. Sounds like it was a dropped valve or something like that.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I am doing HCI at the end of the month!

Congrats, wise switch.

Thanks man, do you still have yours?

Seems like there's a new post once a week about a new vette owner! Nice ride OP. I'm partial to the Z's myself! FYI if you get the tire jump/chatter when turning tight at slow speed, that's normal! It's called the Ackermann effect! Cold weather and sticky tires makes it much worse!

Haha, I know a C6Z is a step up. That may be why? Not sure. That makes sense while turning as slow speeds, these 325's grip! How do you like your Z? I kept thinking C7Z but I did not want another payment as I am still paying for my business van. That and a C6Z with H/C is nasty, gorgeous, and perfect to me!

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Sold mine last year. Another wide body C6 is on the short list for possible next toy, though.
Ah ok, I rememner it looked good on the Welds. A buddy just picked up an LS2 base with rear widebody and that car looks pretty good. If you want straight-line speed boosted and do not mind a little extra weight a wide-body base with the LS3 is the way to go.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Ah ok, I rememner it looked good on the Welds. A buddy just picked up an LS2 base with rear widebody and that car looks pretty good. If you want straight-line speed boosted and do not mind a little extra weight a wide-body base with the LS3 is the way to go.
It would be a base or GS if I did it again, but wide body front & rear only. Only because I want the top to come off/go down. modded base C6s are cheap as hell now. Hard to resist.

Users who are viewing this thread