Joined the ford Ranks......sort of...

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
We traded in my fiance's Jeep Grand Cherokee for a 2008 mustang GT. She wanted a fun car before we have children in a few years, so I isnsited on rwd and decent power. We went ot a ford dealer to look at explorers and I told her to just drive the GT. It was all over after that :D We eneded up with an 08 premium in Vapor with Black with an auto. Its not the fastest thing on the streets but its a hoot to drive. From the SOTP dyno I assume its around a 100mph trap with the auto. How close am I? I shot some pics a second ago and might try to get them up a little later. Looks like all the other mustangs though. It does have the fancy hood scoop :)

I'm still debating on removing the "Have You Spanked A Ford Lately" license plate frame from my Talon. I will go back to an anti Z06 plate number though :D

Defintley a nice ride though :D

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Congrats man. Yeah, I was thinking about the scoop when I got my 07, but I just couldn't come to terms knowing that the people at car shows would ask "why isn't that functional?" Definitely post some pictures! 100mph traps sound reasonable with an auto aswell. The new autos in the S-197's have a awesome shift from gears 1-3.

Welcome!

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
cars001.jpg

cars002.jpg

Sorry for the low effort pics. It sure is fun to cruise around in. I'm sure this car with a modded gt500 power level would be a blast!

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I know I can make a bunch of power out of the car. It's just that its already a little fast for what she is used to and what be as fast as what I am used to without a pretty penny, and at the cost of some durability.
I have been trying to suggest little stuff and she gets on me for not being happy with our new car. Besides, one money pit is enough :)

Oman_cobra

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I know I can make a bunch of power out of the car. It's just that its already a little fast for what she is used to and what be as fast as what I am used to without a pretty penny, and at the cost of some durability.
I have been trying to suggest little stuff and she gets on me for not being happy with our new car. Besides, one money pit is enough :)

lol, but still the CAI & tune wont harm...
c'mon im sure after you do so, you want to hear the noise along with the quick moving!

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
Look into Ford Racing Parts. They have a Power Pack that's an intake, calibration, and axle back exhaust. It's good for about 20-30 extra Horsepower.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
cmon...JLT and a tune will get better gas mileage

lol
We bought her an Eddie Bauer Expedition since she got tired of the stang, so I have a new daily I guess.
I was king of thinking JLT, tune and or x pipe. What kind of power is that worth through the slush box? I'm temtped to just get it over 300, but I'm trying to take the tsi over 800awhp at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread