JPC CLutch line leak

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Hey everyone, I installed a JPC Clutch line last night and noticed that I had a leak at the fitting at the bellhousing. It is not leaking at the threads, but where the oring/fitting snaps in the elbow. The E-Clip is in all the way, and I still notice a little bubbling from the line. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. P.S. Clutch pedal pumps up fine, however it lost some pressure over night.

scott_0

Established Member
you are 100% certain it's fully seated? maybe dirt got in there during your install, maybe as simple as a bad o-ring, you can buy an o-ring at you local auto parts store or hardware store, just take one of the originals with you for size reference

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
I made sure I seated it 100% the second time. I wouldnt think a brand new O-ring would be bad, but ill remove it and put a new one on and see what happens.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Probably a bad o-ring.

I had my axle rebuilt and I had new gears put in along with all new seals, along with a new pinion seal. The pinion seal started leaking as soon as I drove the car. Replaced the pinion seal with another new gasket and all was well.

Same concept can apply here. Just because it's new, doesn't mean it will always work. There are bound to be some duds.

SCalla1384

Established Member
If it wasn't seated, the line would pop off. I had issues with that from worn clips. Kept popping off. Its under a lot of pressure. Like said, most likely a bad o ring.

evanjp

Established Member
Dude. I have one and I removed it a while ago because mine leaked! I saw brake fluid dripping off of my crossmember when doing oil changes every now and then and had to top the brake fluid off sometimes. I ended up taking it off because when I was getting chipotle one day I lost all of my brake fluid / clutch pressure right in the frickin parking lot! I called JPC the day I installed it to get new fittings and I never got them even though they said they would send them. When I installed it, it first leaked in the engine bay and I had a hell of a mess to clean up. I had my dad hold the line right against the firewall in order to keep pressure in the line while pumping the clutch. Before he helped me, I drained an entire master cylinder full of brake fluid in my engine bay.... Now I have my stock line in and I'm afraid to ever try another line because of that experience. There must be a quality control problem with those things.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Its no longer leaking. I thought it was still leaking a bit, turns out it was just residual fluid from assembling it the first time. After 18 hours the pedal still has full pressure, and I sprayed soap and water just in case, and didnt see anything.

Users who are viewing this thread