JPC Racing releases 2011 Turbo kit?

wbt

Banned
I had heard that the car they were testing this kit on blew the engine on 6lbs. of boost....curious if they respond about that inquiry.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I had heard that the car they were testing this kit on blew the engine on 6lbs. of boost....curious if they respond about that inquiry.

Really? Where did you hear that. If that's the case I wouldn't blame it on the turbo but on something else failing like a fuel pump or fuel injector or even a bad tune.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

wbt

Banned
Really? Where did you hear that. If that's the case I wouldn't blame it on the turbo but on something else failing like a fuel pump or fuel injector or even a bad tune.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Through the grapevine. I suspect it was due to tuning.

94COBRA#22

Established Member
Or maybe I was wrong...Posted on another board by JPC-

Hi WBT, how safe is what? A turbo kit or forced induction in general? How would a kit's design blow up an engine? Furthermore, the customers engine didn't "blow up" it had the dreaded #8 ringland/piston failure, which has happened on many stock cars with performance tunes, I know you are well researched, so I'm sure you've read about it. So I guess you could say it's not safe to put a tune on a stock 5.0L either?

So if my customer made over 650rwhp and has run more than 6psi, and raced it/beats the living shit out of it, which his car did and was, couldn't anything happen? Does it mean all the cars that have had engine issues with a Procharger or Vortech or Whipple or Hellion aren't safe either and their kits are designed wrong? Seriously?

Look, I understand you dislike Tommy and like to put him down on any and every occasion you can, but this is my company and our product, so please remember, Tommy is just the messenger. Thanks JB

wbt

Banned
...and I responded. They a bit sensitive about this issue?

Let's correct a few things:

1. Sounds like a tuning issue occurred because that is the case with other #8 failures as you have hopefully read about.....
2. Like you said anything can happen. I don't disagree with that.
3. I have no beef with Tommy. Never spoke with or met him in my life. I have no idea where this came from and would love to see where I have done so.
4. I inquired because I am interested in going forced induction next year. I am looking at what is on the market and I want to know the in's and out's before I decide where I spend my money. Is that a crime?

Is there something going on I am not aware of?

Users who are viewing this thread