June 4th Dyno tune scheduled!!

braindontstop31

Established Member
I got my tune on June 4th scheduled with Lee Blakenship in KY! I think I have everything ready like gaskets (bought all new Ford gaskets), SS bolts, belt, plugs (TR6)etc.. I will start installing this week. I upgraded the wiring from the batt to the relay feeding the BAP on the modified FPDM. I cant see any reason to upgrade the wiring from the FPDM to pumps. The connector/wire on the FPDM that feeds the pumps is small and would be the bottle neck. I have to drop my fuel tank and install the GT pumps/Fore hat. Then it is time for the blower install. I am a little nervous but not too bad. Any tips are hints would be greatly appreciated!!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Pull the blower with it still connected to the lower intake.....if you have two people or have enough grunt to lift it out yourself. I can have my blower off in 40 minutes doing it that way. Make sure the fuel level is nice and low when you drop the tank due to it's shape. Run E-85 :beer:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Assuming you are going 93, which it looks like you are, and running a stock lower, 3 inch upper, you probably don't need that BAP. The GT Pumps will likely be enough. What bolts are you saying you are upgrading to SS?

braindontstop31

Established Member
Assuming you are going 93, which it looks like you are, and running a stock lower, 3 inch upper, you probably don't need that BAP. The GT Pumps will likely be enough. What bolts are you saying you are upgrading to SS?

Yeah it will probably be more fuel than I need. I'll see what Lee wants to do. I will be super easy to take the BAP out if needed. I bought all new SS bolts lower intake to heads, and blower to intake, VMP came with intercooler bolts. I got a little paranoid after reading the guys breaking the lower to head bolts. Anything wrong or am I just being paranoid?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Yeah it will probably be more fuel than I need. I'll see what Lee wants to do. I will be super easy to take the BAP out if needed. I bought all new SS bolts lower intake to heads, and blower to intake, VMP came with intercooler bolts. I got a little paranoid after reading the guys breaking the lower to head bolts. Anything wrong or am I just being paranoid?

I'm just getting together my parts list for my Whipple swap and hadn't considered upgrading any of the hardware. I do have the blower to intake bolts that came with the Whipple. I haven't actually done a swap, but I'm almost positive you don't have to remove the lower intake just to do a blower swap. One thing you don't have listed is a head cooling mod - definitely something you should consider doing while the blower is off since it provide easier access.

braindontstop31

Established Member
I'm just getting together my parts list for my Whipple swap and hadn't considered upgrading any of the hardware. I do have the blower to intake bolts that came with the Whipple. I haven't actually done a swap, but I'm almost positive you don't have to remove the lower intake just to do a blower swap. One thing you don't have listed is a head cooling mod - definitely something you should consider doing while the blower is off since it provide easier access.

You have to remove the intercooler water inlet/outlet housing. Unless you take the pulley bridge off to gain access to the I/C water inlet you will have to remove the lower. Any head cooling mod preferred over another?

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
The style that connects the heads is preferred but iirc it cant be done with the trans in or motor in car. Also on the hardware note, I removed my blower to get it ported and reused all of the bolts with no issues. One lower intake bolt broke but I got a replacement at menards. The price ford wants for new bolts was enough to scare me. I think I was quoted about 60 bucks just for the intercooler bolts.

braindontstop31

Established Member
The style that connects the heads is preferred but iirc it cant be done with the trans in or motor in car. Also on the hardware note, I removed my blower to get it ported and reused all of the bolts with no issues. One lower intake bolt broke but I got a replacement at menards. The price ford wants for new bolts was enough to scare me. I think I was quoted about 60 bucks just for the intercooler bolts.

I got the the lower intake to SS head bolts 10 (M6 x 1.0 x 35mm) with with washers, and the Blower to intake SS bolts 10 (M8 x 40mm) with washers for about 12 bucks at a local hardware store. I did not want to break a bolt
in the head!! I have been looking at the Evenflow HC mod? I just don't like that bulky water pipe T in the crossover tube.

Users who are viewing this thread