Jurassic World: Can I get a refund?

LWniesz

Established Member
Went to see the new installment in the Jurassic park series. Was really expecting something fantastic after seeing the commercials for the last few months. Even saw it in 3D.
Still dissappointed. Just did not seem to be much of a story line and in the end, it was just like all the other movies.

Anyone who has seen what's your thoughts?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
****.....and I'm expecting to go see this with my wife tonight at 8pm.

What was so bad about it? Don't ruin it for me but explain why you thought it would be different than dinosaurs running amok eating people? I would have thought the parts in the trailers showing Chris Pratt's character "speaking" to the raptors would be the most ridiculous part. That I was kind of expecting.

Voltwings

Established Member
^^ I think its what people expect from it. If you expect to be mindlessly entertained it may be ok, if you expect plot structure, well... I havent seen it, but thats my feelings at least.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
All I'm expecting when we go see it tomorrow is some bad ass CGI dinosaurs tearing shit up. Keep your expectations low.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
As a die hard Crichton fan this movie makes me angry on multiple levels. The first one was reasonable, the second wasn't even close to the book, the third was all the cut out parts from the other books set around a new bs plot. I don't even know what this is, I hope he haunts the crew for this.

On a different note State of Fear (good luck pitching an anti-global warming movie) or Prey would be good movies... Didn't appreciate Prey untill I spent some time studying the math behind modeling swarms, really inretesting.

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
i'll be taking my kids to see it, not expecting much honestly. I probably expect more from the minions movie due out next month that I do any F&F or JP.

HandBanana

Established Member
Saw it last night. Thought it was pretty decent. What do you expect, thorough character development and a deeply complex plot?? Nothing will be the same without the 'Blum. Liked Chris Pratt, this is also the hottest Bryce Dallas Howard has ever looked and then some.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ill probably see it this weekend but not expecting much. I feel like they are really relying on Pratt's recent success to drive sales, as every trailer scene has him in it.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Anything with PG-13 is bound to be garbage. That's why the new Terminator will fail.

08mojo

Established Member
As a die hard Crichton fan this movie makes me angry on multiple levels. The first one was reasonable, the second wasn't even close to the book, the third was all the cut out parts from the other books set around a new bs plot. I don't even know what this is, I hope he haunts the crew for this.

On a different note State of Fear (good luck pitching an anti-global warming movie) or Prey would be good movies... Didn't appreciate Prey untill I spent some time studying the math behind modeling swarms, really inretesting.

Wait, are you saying this is the 4th jurrasic park movie?

All movies are so ridiculous to me. The only movies I truly enjoy are comedies--and mindless comedies like Dumb and Dumber or Step Brothers.

Users who are viewing this thread