Just A Few Questions

fastozzy

Whalenstein
Established Member
I found a allocation (already ordered) about 200 miles from me. Its silver with black stripes. The only thing missing from my wish list is the track pack. Can the track pack be added after delivery without a "ton" of work?

If you have a silver 13 with black stripes please post afew pictures for me.

My first choice was candy red with white stripes.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The cost may be prohibitive. If Ford charges $3000 for the track package when you order the car, I can't imagine it being any less as an over the counter purchase.
I am not sure the cooler pump is standard in the non TP transmissions, if not, I don't know if it can be added.

Has the VIN been issued on the car, if not, the dealer should be able to modify the order to your requirements.

fastozzy

Whalenstein
Established Member
Yes, its due into dealer in 5 weeks. I spoke to them to day and he didnt feel the order could be changed. The owner is a old friend of the family so I know he is telling me the truth. He did not have an allocation and will not get one next year he does not think. Its a small dealer in a small town. He was allocated this car through the ford lottery. Everyone else or dealers within 500 miles from me (buttholes) are asking 79 to 84 and will not order or budge. The one guy in Georgia that has all the cars on ebay is buying allocations and marking them up to 79 +, that is whay none of the ebay cars are selling. I refuse to pay ADM, i will just do without. I have a 2007 Z06, I can continue to live happly with it before I pay ADM. I can get this car for sticker which is 64 and change

Snoopy49

Established Member
Yes, its due into dealer in 5 weeks. I spoke to them to day and he didnt feel the order could be changed. The owner is a old friend of the family so I know he is telling me the truth. He did not have an allocation and will not get one next year he does not think. Its a small dealer in a small town. He was allocated this car through the ford lottery. Everyone else or dealers within 500 miles from me (buttholes) are asking 79 to 84 and will not order or budge. The one guy in Georgia that has all the cars on ebay is buying allocations and marking them up to 79 +, that is whay none of the ebay cars are selling. I refuse to pay ADM, i will just do without. I have a 2007 Z06, I can continue to live happly with it before I pay ADM. I can get this car for sticker which is 64 and change

If you have the VIN, you should be able to pull up the window sticker.

How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I have a couple concerns with what he has told you.

1. He should be able to check and KNOW for sure if the order could be changed or not.

2. If he never had an allocation this year, that means he did not pay the SVT fee this year, and therefore would not be entitled to any left over allocations in the Ford lottery.

Now this could be a dealer trade or something like that, which almost sounds more logical with the info he has given you.

Now as for your question: expect to pay big money to add the TP after the fact. My buddy has been quoted $6500 to $7000 by 3 different dealers.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It may pay to hit him up again about changing the order. There is a very narrow window of time in which to make changes after it is scheduled. I have heard of some changes, color or stripes, that were made after the VIN was assigned. But something like the Track Package may not be one of them.
It doesn't cost anything to ask. I would call today and see if it can be done.

Good luck

fastozzy

Whalenstein
Established Member
I will see what I can find out. Keep in mind I've know this guy for many years. If I ask he will tell me. We kept our conversation short and sweet the other day. He tried once he received the allocation to get me to order the car like I wanted it. I decided not too because I'm struggling letting my 07 Z06 go for the car. Still to this day I realley dont know if i actually want to trade. I have two kids to put through college so i cant have both. Nothing against sivler but to the the Z06 go, i think it will need to be Candy Red with White stripes, built like i want it.

Users who are viewing this thread