Just a thought, need opinions.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I just was thinking about selling my NX kit for $1000(brand new) and saving a little more and getting a non ic'ed KB with Snow meth injection. I would be halfway there if I sold the nitrous. Help me decide.

EDIT:Another option would be a centrifigul s/c(used)

Last edited:

whitehorsegt

"Tampa Stock"
Established Member
well i love the hit of the nitrous, but i would like to have the power all the time...thats why im just waiting for my motor to go on vacation to build my turbo setup.

JebTonkin

Established Member
whitehorsegt said:
well i love the hit of the nitrous, but i would like to have the power all the time...thats why im just waiting for my motor to go on vacation to build my turbo setup.
Thats the thing I want the power all the time. But nitrous is so cheap and I already have it.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Nitrous really isn't all that cheap in my opinion. You've already spent upwards of a grand. You've decided to have it installed and tuned there's going to be close to another grand right there I would imagine. You get your first bottle filled but those don't last long, especially as your nitrous shot increases. With all the tuning, upgrades and bottle refills it doesn't take long for nitrous use to accumulate enough money that you could have gone to a supercharger.

I always tell people not to choose nitrous because it's cheap. Those are the people that blow up their engines using the stuff.

If you want the power all the time sell the kit. If you "settle" in this case you'll eventually want to get rid of the nitrous for a supercharger anyway then you're out all that money. Just my .02

whitehorsegt

"Tampa Stock"
Established Member
Torch10th said:
Nitrous really isn't all that cheap in my opinion. You've already spent upwards of a grand. You've decided to have it installed and tuned there's going to be close to another grand right there I would imagine. You get your first bottle filled but those don't last long, especially as your nitrous shot increases. With all the tuning, upgrades and bottle refills it doesn't take long for nitrous use to accumulate enough money that you could have gone to a supercharger.

I always tell people not to choose nitrous because it's cheap. Those are the people that blow up their engines using the stuff.

If you want the power all the time sell the kit. If you "settle" in this case you'll eventually want to get rid of the nitrous for a supercharger anyway then you're out all that money. Just my .02
very tru...ive spent about $750 kit, installed and tuned compared to like $6k for a turbo kit alone...but ur also right.

JebTonkin

Established Member
Well I think I am cancelling my appt and putting my kit up for sale and going another direction. One I wanted to go from the get go, I am buying FR500 cam and valvetrain. Eventually go with the FR500 intake and a big bore.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I did the nitrous because I dont have 5-6k for a supercharger,install,and tune. I know in the long run that with tuning and bottle refills that the nitrous will catch upin cost I just dont have the lump sum at once to do it. I dont regret the nitrous at all, the car is fast as hell and im very happy with it,I think you should think about this before you do anything. And the power is always there,just keep your bottle full and open.

Users who are viewing this thread