Just an intake...

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
Curious if just an intake will require a tune. Just picked up a JLT Cold Air, otherwise performance parts-wise the car is as stock as stock gets save for the MGW shifter and some small cosmetic things...

I saw it posted in another thread and got curious.

Thanks!
John

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Maybe. Check your a/f ratio and tune if necessary. Intakes can, and will, lean out our supercharged engines.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
You should be fine with just an intake, take notice where the maf position is and be sure you put it back in that same position.

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
Thanks. Is there a how-to or a write up somewhere on here? I have the instructions but would be nice to see others.

Also, I did not get some of the stuff that is listed. The Apron Plate & U-gasket, and no vacuum lines included (bought used) any ideas on if the apron plate is necessary? Vacuum line I can get no big deal.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Thanks. Is there a how-to or a write up somewhere on here? I have the instructions but would be nice to see others.

Also, I did not get some of the stuff that is listed. The Apron Plate & U-gasket, and no vacuum lines included (bought used) any ideas on if the apron plate is necessary? Vacuum line I can get no big deal.

It should come with everything you need. Basically just the filter, tubing, rubber grommets, and clamps. You won't need any vacuum lines or other gaskets.

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
Hmm, OK. Instruction say different, but thats fine. Looks like I have everything I will need from what I can see!

Thanks for the help!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Ah hell I didn't notice you were doing the CAI not the RAI. The only thing you would be missing is the apron cover for the hold in the fender, I'm sure you can call Tucker and he can get that for you.

johnny--2k

Daily Grind...
Established Member
OK, gotcha!

I will do that then! Thanks again man, I appreciate your patience with my, the noob! I've been an import guy for a long time until 2 years ago when I bought my SRT8 Jeep, so this is all new to me!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
OK, gotcha!

I will do that then! Thanks again man, I appreciate your patience with my, the noob! I've been an import guy for a long time until 2 years ago when I bought my SRT8 Jeep, so this is all new to me!

No worries dude we've all been there, the forums help out a lot. Hell I joined the SRT forums a few months back because I'm thinking about picking one up in the future, trying to get a hard start on learning about them.

Users who are viewing this thread