Just another newby here to your board thanks for having me

1QUICK6

Established Member
What up guys? im the new guy here, but belong to a couple of boards, and they are all real good. They all have one thing in common........we all love our cars:-D even though they are different in a lot of ways, we are all just alike ourselves. Basically im 36 love to go to Friday Night Races at the track, and most of all i like to shoot the shit with cool down to earth people that arent bullshitters:bash: all the boards i belong to, the guys are pretty damn aight:beer: in a nutshell i have a great family and my wife likes that i like and enjoy my Buick:-D did i say Buick?.....oh guess i did:-D but.......i like all kinds of muscle cars and i try to do most of my work myself that doesnt require a lift. Not sure how familiar you guys are with the Grand National, but they are pretty sensitive to tuning. Once they are dialed in with the right combination, these cars can produce TOOORRRQQQUUUEEEE beyong BIBLICAL PROPORTION!!! GIVE ME MORE BOOST BABY!!!!!:-D anyway ill be standing by for the warm welcomes:thumbsup: and Hey Wild Bill i know you are here somewhere, you have a sweet Cobra and you gave me a run for my money, and are definately the quickest street machine i have come up against thus far. You are pretty damn cool yourself and are definately on my Cool List, and should definately get together and go to the track. I will get a couple of my buddies together with there tricked stangs and Ram Airs and we will hook up for fridays and have a blast. I got this awesome rush when we made a few runs because Most people back down when they pull up to me, because either,

A. They look at my car and are not sure what the hell it is:rollseyes or,

B. This is the car there Father warned them about:-D LOL or,

C. They know they are just plain freakin mean and deserve the respect they get. Just like all muscle cars:D

and for not a whole lot of money, and the right combo and tuning these cars got it all. They are what you call sleepers:-D 12 sec grocery getter:-D ok enough rambling, looking forward with chatting with you guys and sharing the knowledge:loser:

jojo:-D

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I am new myself but welcome anyways. I lost many a race to a grand national with my '85 IROC Camaro. Power adders seem to be the future but the GN had a turbo a long time ago. I cannot believe how potent my Cobra is. I raced a modified Lightning today [my first race...got the car last week]. He passed me when I was putting miles on it and I just happened to pull up next to him at a stoplight with no traffic ahead. I rolled my window down and asked how he liked his truck. He said a lot and told me it was modified and that if I get a chip and pulley it will make mine much faster. I said thanks, I already know but I just got the car last monday. The light changed and we hit it. I smoked the tires [I think it was me]. We stayed fairly even. I chirped into 2nd and then into 3rd. and started to pull on him. I let off and slowed. He came up and we yelled nice cars to each other. Told him I have to learn to drive it yet [used to my mildly modified '92 LX 5.0 5 speed]. What a trip! There's a lot of info on this site and a lot of people posting. I also like modularfords.com but they do not post the numbers this site does.:beer:

1QUICK6

Established Member
Yea me and Wild Bill on this board went a few rounds, i think hes got some goody upgrades, cold air kit, i believe he mentioned the pulley, and said hes got about 450rwh and 450ftlbs:uh oh: be he placed a thread in the other forum section under the road kill or something and pretty much summed it up in there with our runs:-D Im currently producing about 370rwh and roughly 450ftlbs according to my combo with some shit radials and no boost building at the line, due to the fact my tires just can hold the torque:( but will be doing so tire changing soon and get my suspension in order a bit as it sits totally stock from 1987:uh oh: stock block untouched motor running about 20# of boost on the street:-D give me more:-D anyway looking forward to chatting with the guys on the board.

jojo

Wild Bill

Established Member
It took a little while to find this thread. This will be cool. I've got a few friends here that like to race.They have imports though and not much into the muscle cars. I like mostly all cool cars(if they are fast). I've had 4 mustangs.Too bad it took this long to match the 87 GN. This is the second one I started modding. I also have a lightly modded Gt.I want to get that one in the 13s. The Cobra I want in the 11s. That is fast enough for the street! Im going to add a little more power and get it a little lighter. How about you Joe? Are you going to get yours like those white T types at the track? Those things are insane! I know at least 1 is running high 9s. What do you think about that track? I've only ran there 4 runs totall,2 in the Cobra. Its tuff on the timeslips here. I have not seen 1 vette even running 12s,even Z06s! I even saw a viper run 13s last year. Just elevation? What do you think? I know I should be running faster with my power. Im sure I will get better with more practice,but I dont see 11s the way it is now. Anyways I will talk to you later. I hope you put some kills up!:thumbsup:

1QUICK6

Established Member
Originally posted by Wild Bill
It took a little while to find this thread. This will be cool. I've got a few friends here that like to race.They have imports though and not much into the muscle cars. I like mostly all cool cars(if they are fast). I've had 4 mustangs.Too bad it took this long to match the 87 GN. This is the second one I started modding. I also have a lightly modded Gt.I want to get that one in the 13s. The Cobra I want in the 11s. That is fast enough for the street! Im going to add a little more power and get it a little lighter. How about you Joe? Are you going to get yours like those white T types at the track? Those things are insane! I know at least 1 is running high 9s. What do you think about that track? I've only ran there 4 runs totall,2 in the Cobra. Its tuff on the timeslips here. I have not seen 1 vette even running 12s,even Z06s! I even saw a viper run 13s last year. Just elevation? What do you think? I know I should be running faster with my power. Im sure I will get better with more practice,but I dont see 11s the way it is now. Anyways I will talk to you later. I hope you put some kills up!:thumbsup:

Bill you definately got the power to be running low twelves at this elevation all day long. At the track of course. But you will are going to need a set of either ET slicks and you might get away with some Drag Radials. Your 60ft will have to be in the 1.8 range somewhere, but then again you have the ponies already there. If you cant get your 60ft down you can probably make up for it with your top end power. What is the gearing on that thing? Your in the same boat as me actually. Ive got some Nitto radials 245s all the way around, which cant hold the floor even after i heat them up. I cant launch for shit, so basically some drags a good launch and 60ft should get me in and around the 12.6 range, but i also have to launch with about 7-8lbs of boost and that should get me in the low twelve area all day with what i have now. But i know its impossible without launching with boost and making my torque stick to the ground. Basically a foolish pipe dream for me. I ran a 13 flat at 107mph with a 2.1 60ft :shrug: if i can drop that 60 down to 1.7-1.8 range there will be a different ending to that time slip:-D but on the street for now until i do a couple of things my car pulls so hard out of the hole and for the first couple of traffic lites, no one can seem to catch me until after i start running out of horses (which i dont have a lot of) my car is basically a torque monster :-D which is all i need, geared only for the first two-three traffic lites and then the newer more horsepower cars will start to shine through. Anyway i will talk to you real soon, and take care, lemme know whats up.

jojo

Jens03GT

Established Member
Welcome to the sight. I am new myself. This is a very cool site. The people are great. Have fun and enjoy.:D

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Willkommen! Dábro pazhálovatch'! Karibu! Bienvenido! Swaagatam! Merhaba! Ni hao! Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread