Just Bought A 2004 Saleen Cobra Mystichrome

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
mineralgrey01gt said:
never even heard of a saleen cobra, saw a 2004 roush stage 3 cobra already but never the saleen version, please post pics

Saleen has been converting Cobras since at least 1998. They only do about a dozen a year though. I had a chance to buy a mint white 98 Saleen Cobra but didn't have the funds together before it was sold. :mj:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I don't think this is legit. No pics or anything. If I got my hands on something this rare I would have hundreds of pictures by now. No pictures?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
Saleen has been converting Cobras since at least 1998. They only do about a dozen a year though. I had a chance to buy a mint white 98 Saleen Cobra but didn't have the funds together before it was sold. :mj:

thanks for the info man, thats awesome, i literally learn something new each day about mustangs:rockon:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
firemanmike said:
I'm not loving that body kit, especially the rear bumper, Well to each his own I guess.

Yeah, I'm with ya on that. Looks like a cheap fiberglass body kit from eBay. The way the light reflects off the rear bumper, it looks wavy as hell.

my01ws6

Established Member
Yeah its him...I noticed his name on eBay is Brandon and his name on here is Brandon....lol

Something else I noticed...The pics i have seen on the net have the number 126 on the bumber but this one has 124....how many mistichrome cobras were made?

Last edited:

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
Sweet ride and congratulations.I looked at some new Saleens before I bought my Roush but they were a little to pricey for my budget.
Im not sure how many Cobras/Saleens were made but I do know they did make some as Roush also made a VERY limited number of Cobra/Roush's also.
Get some pics of the engine compartment(for the doubters),I believe Saleen puts some ID badged under the hood also.
Roush has the new 427 out now and I saw one on Ebay last week with the window sticker at 47,000.Considering the GT500 prices not a bad option in my opinion.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Sinister04L said:
Actually since 96
a buddy of mine had a black 96 cobra vert. 1 of 7 in 96.

Nice car, enjoy it.

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
I have to call BS!!! I would like to see some NEW pics of the car... the pics "the new owner" showed are old of 124&126. And it is very easy to say you're name is Brandon when you can see that the real buyers screen name on ebay is Brandon3956. I hope you did buy this car because it is a very beautful car. My father and I have tried to track down one of these car since they were brand new. Show some new pics and prove me wrong.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
05_Evolution said:
I have to call BS!!! I would like to see some NEW pics of the car... the pics "the new owner" showed are old of 124&126. And it is very easy to say you're name is Brandon when you can see that the real buyers screen name on ebay is Brandon3956. I hope you did buy this car because it is a very beautful car. My father and I have tried to track down one of these car since they were brand new. Show some new pics and prove me wrong.

READ AND LOOK CAREFULLY BEFORE CALLING B.S.

First, those picks were not posted by him.

Second if you look at the auction, the very first pic is one of the ones posted and clearly not the same floor or dealership as the rest.

124 and 126 are 2 different cars.

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Pulled this off a Saleen Terminator thread in "The Terminator" States 2 coupe's and 1 vert in 2004. If I come across the cash I will check into this conversion.

Mike H said:
The mods from a 03/04 Cobra to a Saleen Cobra, as far as I can tell are as follows:

1. Ground effects including front facia, fog lamp delete, lower door side skirts, fake rear brake scoops,
rear bumper, S281-E 3 piece wing, C pillar, front bumper ID.

2. Magnaflow cat-back exhaust

3. Full Racecraft Suspension, swaybars, springs, struts and shocks, wheels and tires (255 / 35ZR - 18 front and 265 / 35ZR - 18 rear) Pirelli P7000, Saleen valve stem caps. This package lowers the car. Top of the wheel well to the ground is 26 1/4 front and 27 1/4 back.

4. Saleen pedals, Momo shifter knob, Saleen floor mats, Saleen inner door panels, ID badge in front of shifter.

5. Saleen windshield graphic, championship wreath stickers on back side windows, Saleen badge on the back that replaces the Ford SVT badge, ID plaque on the drivers side firewall in engine bay. Steel Saleen key fob.

6. Silly Ford flaps under hood scoop removed, and K&N air filter installed, Eagle One detail kit in embrodered Saleen bag.

Saleen Cobra production numbers for 03-04

6 coupes - 2 Redfire, 2 Black, 1 White, 1 Rainbow
5 convertibles - 1 Satin Silver, 1 Sonic Blue, 1 Black, 1 Zinc Yellow, 1 Lizstick Red (Saleen Custom Color)

8 coupes - 3 Black, 2 Mystichrome, 1 White, 1 Redfire, 1 Competition Orange
10 convertibles - 4 Screaming Yellows, 2 Black, 1 White, 1 Torch Red, 1 Silver Metallic, 1 Mystichrome

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread