Just bought a 2010 GT for a DD

arc00ta

Established Member
Well, the time has come to retire the cobra from daily driver duties. Its still in the Ford dealer for a busted power steering line. I ended up picking up this beauty for a good price. I love it, I know its not as powerful as the 5.0 etc, but its a really fun car, very comfortable. I tried an S197 a few years ago and didn't like it much (I want to say an 05 or 06) but this one really does it for me.

Now for the important part: pics!

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

edw794

Established Member
from an 08 bullitt, i went to a 2010 gt. a c & l intake, brenspeed tune, flowmasters, and an x pipe really made a world of difference in the car. it is faster than a stock bullitt.

ed

arc00ta

Established Member
from an 08 bullitt, i went to a 2010 gt. a c & l intake, brenspeed tune, flowmasters, and an x pipe really made a world of difference in the car. it is faster than a stock bullitt.

ed

Yeah, I'm thinking I might do intake, headers, exhaust and a tune. It doesn't need smog for 4 years so I don't mind doing headers.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Very nice looking ride! I am jealous, I wish I could drive a 2010 GT to work everyday. Looks great in white too. Good Luck with it.

arc00ta

Established Member
Thanks! What do basic mods like intake and tune gain on these? I'm very unfamiliar with the three-valve platform. I'm currently looking at the FR500S axle back setup, the flowmasters are just a little too quiet for me, and possibly the roush intake (stuff the ford dealer will install since I got the extended warranty, forgot about that before).

vic_s197

Established Member
Best mods for the 3 valve are cai+tune and steeda cmdp's. But theses cars are alittle heavy 4.10's make it a big difference.

vic_s197

Established Member
There charge motion delete plates from steeda. Theres a plate under the intake that has butterflies and they open and close depending on throttle. Thats restriction these plates replace those plates with no butterflies, there good for 12-18 hp depending if your n/a or blown. What all are you looking to do to it? U gunna be running it at the track?

These cars are really sensitive to any parts you throw at the motor so they have to retune the car. Exaust, intake, cmdp

arc00ta

Established Member
There charge motion delete plates from steeda. Theres a plate under the intake that has butterflies and they open and close depending on throttle. Thats restriction these plates replace those plates with no butterflies, there good for 12-18 hp depending if your n/a or blown. What all are you looking to do to it? U gunna be running it at the track?

These cars are really sensitive to any parts you throw at the motor so they have to retune the car. Exaust, intake, cmdp

Ahhh, was wondering why this thing acts like it has VTEC. I'm going to do things that aren't too invasive, basic bolt on parts for now.

I may go run at the 1/8th but nothing serious. Its a comfy DD and it will stay that way as much as I would love to throw a blower at it.

vic_s197

Established Member
Right on man. Well i have a c & l racer intake like new il let it go for 140 shipped if ur interested. Its 300 new.

If you have any questions about the 3 valve let me know. Mines procharged, full suspension, and maxed out on bolt ons lol

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'm guessing you still have the 03 Cobra? If so I would just enjoy the GT for what it is. Enhance the driving experience, maybe some bolt-ons, suspension, sound. It is a DD at the end of the day, so doing thing like gears extensive modding are going to affect your MPG's and maybe even your driveability.
BTW I'll say it again, I'm jealous. I do 30k miles a year and need to haul tools and get muddy so I'm stuck driving a Honda to work.

All-Or-Nothing

Established Member
Your GT looks SWEET in white. I have been going back and forth on whether to get the new 5.0 or get a 2010 GT. I really like the look of the 2013's but I can get a 2010 for a steal.

Decisions, decisions......

arc00ta

Established Member
I'm guessing you still have the 03 Cobra? If so I would just enjoy the GT for what it is. Enhance the driving experience, maybe some bolt-ons, suspension, sound. It is a DD at the end of the day, so doing thing like gears extensive modding are going to affect your MPG's and maybe even your driveability.
BTW I'll say it again, I'm jealous. I do 30k miles a year and need to haul tools and get muddy so I'm stuck driving a Honda to work.

Whats funny is my Cobra gets better gas mileage. I can easily average 25mpg where as the 2010 is only around 15. I'm supposing it has something to do with me getting used to the car not having 500ft-lb so I feel like I have to drive around at 2000rpm all day to get out of my own way. Been working on overcoming this all week. Even at 65mph it feels like I'm lugging the engine in 5th gear so I will just have to get used to it.

Your GT looks SWEET in white. I have been going back and forth on whether to get the new 5.0 or get a 2010 GT. I really like the look of the 2013's but I can get a 2010 for a steal.

Decisions, decisions......

Yeah, the 2013 looks sick. I wouldn't want one as a DD though, I don't think I could keep my foot out of it.

k_aimone

Established Member
I would stay away from the delete plates due to the fact your tune will have have to be adjusted for them, and you seem like the warrantee is a huge selling point. Also they loose power in the lower RPM, but gain up top. And since you DD the car, it does not sound like you will be turning real high RPM's. Look into steeds UDP's. Real cheap and it won't affect your warrantee.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread